Chessington Howl'o'ween

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is ment to be good for halloween no ? ( iv never been ) is it true the haunting in the hollows is the same scare factor as the curse at thorpe park ? , what is the scariest attraction like ?

It's not that good for people who really want to be scared - The Curse at TP was much scarier than Haunting in the hollows.

If however you just want a bit of spooky fun without actually being very scared then go to Chessie.

although not scary in a gory horror form... the haunting in the hollows walkthrough (and I've said this before), was surprisingly excellent - had a great story & atmosphere, and the some of the themeing and actors were brilliant... I genuinely found the walkthrough scarier than the curse at thorpe park, and really look forward to it again this year if it's largely unchanged!

was the haunting in the hollows scare maze , a conga line maze , as in did people entering have to put hands on sholders ?

it was more of a walkthrough with many scenes where an actor would be explaining a story or something would happen etc... some bits were outdoors, and some indoors (inside marquees etc.)... it wasn't a conga line style one :)

What was the themeing like , I heard that they actually create the village of black hollow ! , were there any part within the maze that you had to put your hands on the people in front's sholders ? , I seem to be hearing different things. :)

No, not really. Although some people did just because they were used to that. The space arrangements usually meant standing in small groups or around the scenic features.

Only the very last bit where was pitch black with actors if I remember would people put their hands on other peoples shoulders, but I personally walked by myself with others in front and behind, you don't have to conga line it. And the themeing is different scenes... I wouldn't say themed to the village though, but was decent themeing :)

You did have to go in a conga line for the Krypt maze which appeared in 2011.

I don't know why on earth they didn't bring that back, it was quite good!

Throughput, location, cost.

The attraction wasn't automated - all of the effects were triggered by 4 hosts inside the main body of the attraction chucking the rice, being the monster - pushing the fake wall, and triggering the sound effects etc. So it was hard to staff.

Also the marquee leaks. Many of the wooden flats sit rotting in a container.

Also the cost of putting it back up and hiring all the sound and lighting equipment again.

Krypt was ridiculously fab <3

Apart from the really crappy ending of course... But I guess it suffered from location and general awful throughput... A shame though...

Don't even get me started on the fudging Gorilla head.

haha , gutted I never went through it , but I think they should have at least one conga style maze for adults , because people will come as familys ect. maybe if they cold find a way to make the effects inthe kyrpt become automated , they would have it up again . It just shows that chessington are able to create a fully emersive markey maze ! , just a shame they don't create one for a slightly more mature audiance :)