• Anime
    • Sci-Fi
    • War
    • Comedy
    • Crime/Gangster
    • Cult Classics
    • Romance
    • Other(state in post)

Whats your Favourite genre ?and give example of movies thats good in the genre and talk about them.Although I love most these Genres and love films my favourite genre would be anime. I like movies that Studio Ghibli make and other 'World Cinema' which would be a mixture of thrillers,horror or war movies like Battle Royale.

Other. Spooths are my favourite, I cant help laughing my head off at movies likeShaun of the deadScary MovieAnd a few otherI also like a good Horror for a sleepover likeThe Omen (one of my favourites)The ExorcistThe GrudgeAlso everyone loves a good comedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as Horror and Comedy are winning so far..What horror or comedy films would you guys say are classics!I loved all the 'living dead' trilogy and I liked stuff like The Ring and The Grudge but I had watched the japanese versions before hand anyways so when the American versions came out I disliked them a little. However I guess it hadits good side with no bad dubbing and subtitles.As for comedy although I watch them I dont really go for movies based on comedy, so I have no real opinoin on that.

• 1 month later...

I love thrillers/ horror films. The only thing is, I can't watch them on my own- I need someone to kinda snuggle into (which doesn't happen very often at all I'll be honest with you).When you think about it, horror and thriller films can be romantic, as you could be like "OMG, I'm scared, protect me!!" Or something like that anyway. -_-

• 2 months later...

Other - Psychotic, this can be connected to a range of genre's ranging from Comedy to Horror/Thrillers. A psychotic film is a film that plays tricks with your mind, and could leave you feeling paranoid, perfect example's include; Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, The Number 23, The Secret Window, & The Sixth Sense! :huh:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I choose action because I dont really see action as a specific genre it could apply to all of them, you can get action/horror, action/comedy, action/sci-fi etc.. I guess it depends on what you find entertaining, or what your definition of action is! So I voted action because it covers the widest variety of genre's, if you get me?! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I voted other.I don't have a favourite film genre. I like comedies but there are so many these days that look such trash to me. They all have similar storylines etc...originality makes a good film!Although...Harry Potter fangirl :) Have always loved animated films, Disney (proper Disney mind, not High School bloody Musical!!!).The old favourites like Jurassic Park, Jaws, ET...Back To The Future! :o I have just watched it the whole way through for the first time, only ever seen the end before, you know with the clocktower etc. My brother loves that film, he always went on about it when we were younger but I didn't really care. Then recently for some reason we've both really wanted to watch it so we got the 4 disc ultimate edition second hand on Amazon :o Epic film! Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.B)