Samurai

Phill

Looks like it will most certainly be reopening this year then. Fantastic news.

I have to give Thorpe credit that whilst they don't have the best reputation when it comes to ride reliability, they do seem to be very persistent in getting all out of service rides back up and running as quickly as possible. For example, they could have easily removed Slammer years ago or left it SBNO but they still keep pouring money into the ride. Hope it is all up and open for when I visit on the 29th.

I found it amazing yesterday. I'm not sure if it is new to 2012 but as well as the usual lights it had fog coming out from below the ride. I found this made the ride experience so much more exhilarating!

Yay! As far as I've seen they haven't had the fog effect on it at Fright nights for a few years now, it really makes the ride look spectacular in the dark.

Am now mega excited to ride it with fog :wub:

Can anyone post a vid of the ride now running?? I went to fright nights and it was shut so I would like to see if its running to the max? The spinning better be good because samurais settings usually make you end up in the same position every time round instead of a variety! I would like to see the new motor working! Thanks

I went yesterday and it ran well, however it was shut until about 1pm

This wasn't a fright night but just to say one time I had a look and samurai was only open till 3pm I was like wtf! Then I went on saw later in the day and it was open again! I dunno why but it like closes if the forecast is for rain or something?!

Whilst I agree with the fact that later openings may not actually help the ride (the ride may be closed but the queue will begin to fill regardless, resulting in many shorter cycles in a shorter space of time than the normal queue time:cycle time ratio and exerting an equally if not more stress on the ride hardware), surely the recent renovation/maintenance the ride received has been helping it with it's somewhat troublesome behaviour?

I understand the main reason for the maintenance was the zeroing difficulties, after one such incident could've ended in disaster for the guests and the park, so surely Samurai shouldn't be struggling with these anymore?

• 2 weeks later...