Samurai

Phill

So you and CJ want an engineer to stand there, tinkering away with a hammer to be convinced they are doing something. God sake people, everytime we go through this. 

If people will pay me money, I'll be the engineer that will stand at a broken ride and go "hmmm" for the entire day to make it look like there's work being done...

As said before samurai was once again closed yesterday with no action at all. Clear that it was waiting for a part but not clear to the public what was going on. At times, there were groups of people standing outside waiting for it to open. Would be nice if there was a sign saying what was going on or a person saying that it wasn't going to open today.

There was a sign in the samurai entrance saying 'Colossus will be on one train operations today...'. I looked on the other side of the sign and it was blank so unsure what that sign was doing there :L

Really? Last weekend there was a sign saying "Whoops, this attraction will be unavailable today, we hope that it will become available soon" or something a long them lines. 

Didn't even know they had a sign for Colossus being on 1 train, I have never seen it :P Have only seen them change the queue board saying it will be on reduced capacity.

Samurai is still down, just hitting the two week mark now without any sign of life. This happens every season, and if it continues to happen, I think the park should consider ordering an essential maintenance check from mondial or even considering ordering a new model. This must be at least the third year in a row this has happened and it's getting beyond annoying.

Samurai is still down, just hitting the two week mark now without any sign of life. This happens every season, and if it continues to happen, I think the park should consider ordering an essential maintenance check from mondial or even considering ordering a new model. This must be at least the third year in a row this has happened and it's getting beyond annoying.

If it's annoying for you imagine what its like for the park!

To be fair the rides what, 15+ now, been ran way more than its ever designed to be , I can't see them buying a new topscan just to have all the same issues.

In fairness, I doubt Mondial would do any more than say "It's old" and recommend a replacement, or supply any required replacement parts!

TBH I think Samurai needs extensive refurbishment or just complete replacement. For a 15 years old (fairground) ride, it's done quite well to last as lo as it is but seeing it not seeing the last few seasons out does show it's towards the end of its life.

Could do with replacing in the near future, either with a new too scan or even an air race (which could work). Dare I say even Slammer seems more reliable than old Sammy so far :o

One of those at Thorpe would be horrific with the throughputs...

300pph? With Fastrack? Based on the one at Legoland Germany, not the right avenue to go (however the Sky Roller than apparently gets 720pph odd would be a potential option)...

The Sky Roller does look a bit on the boring side though just going round in a circle, at least the Sky Fly has some height variation. It would be better if Gerstlauer made a bigger capacity Sky Fly, with another 12 seater gondola on the opposite side of the arm, bringing the capacity in line with the larger Sky Roller. That's something I'd like to see at one of the Merlin parks, and it would fit perfectly as it can be either a gentle scenic ride or a spinny thrill ride, good for all the family.

Thorpe have confirmed samurai is likely to be closed for the rest of the season.

Shame as this does happen every year, I think the park need to invest in a ride which is suited for theme parks and will genuinely last. Samurai has been the worst reliability this season and has been one of the worse in the last few seasons. I think its high time that thorpe replace it as much as I like the ride, theres no use having a ride in a theme park which is down for the end of the season every single year.