Samurai

Phill

Samurai yesterday (when it was working) was running amazingly! got so many flips and towards the end of every cycle seemed to go full pelt!!! it broke down around 1pm and didn't open for the rest of the day I don't think! also the single rider queue is such a good idea! I got in the queue and they were just about to send it but there was one seat left on gondola 1 so they let me get on it! :D 

So we went yesterday and the chuckle was one of the best ones I've had in years, five or six or more spins on each side, I lost count.

Yet today the cycle was awful, only got two spins each way, sat next to two American guys who were having their first ever ride on a top spin who came off incredibly disappointed.

What is going on with this ride?!

Two spins each way today aswell

Four spins in total

Let that sink in ...

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Pretty pointless really no point in queueig for a ride that last's that long unless you love it to bits

I admire his enthusiasm :) - rather see that than miserable staff.  A few weeks back I was lobbed a wrist band from the swarm bag shop - the dude behind the counter didn't even make eye contact with me :blink:

Sounds like the same guy that did ours last weekend, he just dumped the bags on the counter in the grumpiest way possible!  :lol:

Without sounding harsh, if the dude isn't happy in his job, perhaps he should look elsewhere.....in general the staff at Thorpe Park are pretty chirpy though I've had the odd one or two who have come across a bit meh, they might have been having a bad day but in any job where you are in contact with the general public, grumpiness doesn't tend to go down well

My view is that there are so many people out there looking for jobs, if staff don't appreciate it then get them out and get someone in who does!

I agree to an extent but people have to eat/afford electricity every now and then. 

If having a job in the first place is so great and "lucky", why such an unlucky wage? Better treated employees = Better customer service!

I agree to an extent but people have to eat/afford electricity every now and then. 

If having a job in the first place is so great and "lucky", why such an unlucky wage? Better treated employees = Better customer service!

Yeah I'm not defending the dire wages or how they treat their employees (but I don't have a clue about the second one as I've never worked there) but I still think that staff who are generally grumpy and give off a bad impression on the park aren't worth keeping.

I just had to remind myself of what this topic is/was....... some of the people don't have the confidence and need some encouragement from our "side of the fence", others are performing all the time. We are all on a stage, and just sometimes, the journey to that stage has been a little rocky. There are quite a few members of the public I would not want to deal with or be nice to, but whilst on the "stage", pretend and work on it from our side too.

Anyway, I do like it when Samurai is on a good cycle but again, it's not a ride I would run round to jump back on.

The Midway attractions at County Hall get paid the London minimum wage...

Earning more than Team Leaders at Chessie when I was at London Eye was quite funny yet telling...

As for grumpy times, given the stupidity of the majority of guests at theme parks, the long hours (on an average day you'll be doing 9-6) and the pretty active side of the role, there will be times when the staff are in a mood... The best way to deal with it as guests is to help them cheer up, not moan about them on the internet... A simple thankyou when leaving a ride goes a very long way...

I don't blame him considering the incredible £6.50 merlin pays their employees per hour. I actually get more per hour for doing my paper round :o. Still its good to see some people do enjoy their jobs, I remember one of the swarm ride ops trying to get everyone in the station to sing :D.

They're lucky! I've worked at jobs as an under 21 being paid less than them; and minimum wage for 16-18 is ridiculous, 4.20 an hour or something?!

In this environment that's about as likely as you being hit by a tram while sat on your toilet, those on JSA don't exactly have a choice, if they are offered a job, they have to take it, and I can imagine many in the Leatherhead Job Centre are told 'apply to Chessington or be sanctioned'.

It's an employers market at the moment.