Samurai

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe Samurai could be out of action for even longer due to a recent incident at Fantasy Island where the main arm on THE BEAST top scan started to move before it was fully raised and it nearly hit the control box and it smashed through the floor. Mondial is looking at all other top scans so Samurai will have to be looked at as well. 

I believe Samurai could be out of action for even longer due to a recent incident at Fantasy Island where the main arm on THE BEAST top scan started to move before it was fully raised and it nearly hit the control box and it smashed through the floor. Mondial is looking at all other top scans so Samurai will have to be looked at as well.

The main difference between The Beast and Samurai is The Beast is always operated on manual (which is the only way the incident on it can occur) whereas as far as I know Samurai is always run on one of the pre-programmed cycles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mondial do have a look at it in relation to this incident but I would have thought that will only occur once it has been rebuilt.

This is a random question hardly related to Samurai...

You know the Bling rides that are like Samurai on a stick and it spins, are they actually fun to ride? There's one at my local goose fair and I don't know whether it's worth the extortionate fee to ride!

Very different sensation but the one at winter wonderland has always been great - very intense!