Samurai

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying that the whole "waiting for Mondial to inspect it" story is false but I find it quite surprising that there would be no one available at the company available until Summer 2016 to come and inspect the ride in person. I know ride manufacturers aren't huge corporations but I find it slightly implausible but I'll gladly be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying that the whole "waiting for Mondial to inspect it" story is false but I find it quite surprising that there would be no one available at the company available until Summer 2016 to come and inspect the ride in person. I know ride manufacturers aren't huge corporations but I find it slightly implausible but I'll gladly be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The signs say it will open for Summer 2016 not September :)

If the reason for the closure is because of an incident on another Top Scan, I imagine Thorpe/Merlin will want to be as safe as possible and cover all bases. Following the Smiler incident last year, it's not all that surprising they want to be extra careful.

I'm sure if they could cover all their rides and guests in bubble wrap, they would.

That makes sense given the circumstances, but when it gets to the stage where they are having to prioritise when to run it due to unreliability, surely it's time for a replacement? (And I'm not talking about replacing it with a pay-extra game, an actual ride please!)

If Samurai offered something unique then I would understand the reasoning for Thorpe keeping it, but better Topscans can be found both at fairs and parks across the UK, and Samurai seems to have been limping along for years now.

• 2 weeks later...