Samurai

Phill

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, ConnorJ said:

Could we see it staying closed till summer once again or are Thorpe going to open it from the start

Now, I'm not 100% but I believe Samurai was closed at the beginning of the 2016 season due to an accident on a different ride of the same model. I believe the manufacturers had to come out for inspection or something of the like- I'm hazy on the details- but I'm almost positive there was an incident on an identical ride. 

Point being- so long as winter maintenance goes to plan and no issues come up with it, I don't see why it won't be up and running from day one ?

• 1 year later...

So after what feels like an age Samurai reopened today! And she’s pulling some decent cycles! The parking issues seemed to have been minimised as in the 10 or so cycles I saw it do today it parked flawlessly 9/10 times and when it didn’t it span for a bit to locate Home and then lowered. Fantastic to see it running again and it definitely remains my top flat ride at the park ?

4 minutes ago, OliIzzy said:

So after what feels like an age Samurai reopened today! And she’s pulling some decent cycles! The parking issues seemed to have been minimised as in the 10 or so cycles I saw it do today it parked flawlessly 9/10 times and when it didn’t it span for a bit to locate Home and then lowered. Fantastic to see it running again and it definitely remains my top flat ride at the park ?

Good to hear :) so looking forward to riding it again next week!

• 2 months later...

It’s been like this a couple of weeks now -

I’d be surprised if 2 pods were simply broken so I expect there’s something abit more complex causing it.

Did it tonight actually - had an insane cycle on it, pods were doing full speed 360 flips, something I’ve only ever had on Top Buzz before never on samurai!

Not done Samurai on my past 2 visits to TP.  Last time I went on it a couple of months ago it was flipping about like crazy and I started feeling a tad queasy ?.  I’ve never done the far outter seat but wonder if there’s a huge difference - I nearly always sit on the furthest inside but did once venture to one in from the edge and almost passed out ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the double post, but cannot get over how insane this was nearly two weeks ago, compared to Tuesday. 

Literally had two full turns around the top and then lowered again! This means in the space of a fortnight I have had both my best ride ever and worst ride ever! Talk about inconsistent! 

I once had such a naff cycle on Samurai that it went so bleeding slow and when it stopped I thought they were going to whack it onto a decent cycle.

This year I’ve only done Samurai twice - once earlier on in the season and the second time last Sunday - last Sunday’s was the most intense I’d experienced (have ridden it a fair few times in the past few years).  Had so many flips and the cycle lasted longer than any previous rides - I was screaming and swearing throughout but had to stop as I thought I was going to pass out or puke.  Getting off the ride I felt drunk ?.  What might have added to it is that I always sit on the furthest inner seat but on Sunday I was one away from the outside (only ever done that once) so it felt a tad intense.  Am yet to venture onto the outter seat - it just seems too exposed and I can just about cope with the tamest seat ?

• 6 months later...