Samurai

Phill

Was watching Samurai today just after necking half a ton of pizza and pasta and the cycle looked so bad I think I could have easily gone on it and kept my lunch inside - weirdly the next cycle was more intense so I’m glad I didn’t make that decision.  Just thought it odd that there was a noticeable difference in the 2 cycles  or I need to go to Specsavers

6 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Halloween TPM meet we had the most intense and thrilling ride in its history at Thorpe Park, to then go on it a little later and have an absolutely abysmal cycle. 

It’s bizarre - the same has happened to me where I’ve gone on and it’s just meandered around not doing much but later on it will give a few decent flips and spins - I know it has different settings but unsure why it would go from one extreme to another ?‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

And the award for the world’s worst setting on a Mondial Top Scan goes to......

(Taken on 15/06/19)

And yes, every cycle was like this. The claw span the opposite direction to the arm for the entire ride, making it the most boring and dire experience you can possibly imagine. Never seen it this bad ever before.

• 1 month later...

I think Samurai was actually running quite a decent cycle on Friday. Maybe due to there being absolute no queue whatsoever, but the ride cycle was a good 5 minutes long. Nowhere at Top Buzz levels, but was impressed considering I remember it running some abysmal settings many years back. It was actually closed in the Morning aswell, so not sure if this had any relevance. 

It has changed its "regular" cycle again to a very very long programme, that is great and intense for the first minute and half or so, then it just spends about 3 minutes going left to right repeating itself, with not much action. Still a massive improvement on the dire setting it had been on recently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

It's not as big an issue as it looks - it can happen on these top scans. As with many rides, it probably doesn't help that it hasn't seen continuous operation for several months, especially since it would have been ready to go too.

I believe it was only stuck like that for a couple of minutes before it was able to be manually lowered down.

Obviously wouldn't be pleasant to be stuck on the 'top' or 'bottom' arm though.

Yeah Samurai has been a lot more reliable the last few years 

Anyone know if Samurai still needs a minimum of 15 people to ride? Can imagine loading could be a bit of a nightmare at the moment with 1 group per row and minimum of 15 people? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Han30 said:

Only done 2 trips to Thorpe this year and not managed to get on Samurai yet - would have done on last visit but it looked like it was whipping everyone around and I didn’t fancy up-chucking my lunch 

That day I saw you Samurai was running RIDICULOUSLY. I was expecting it's half assed cycle but that was a big fat nope! It was the best ride on Samurai I've had from memory. Honestly insane.