Samurai

Phill

Ohh I like the idea of rust effects! I think black would look good at the end of the arm ,fading into a brown and then into a dark red at the star. The the pods could be black, silver and red with rust effects. Lol.And I would never expect any flat ride to be run at its full potential at a theme park. The fair versions are so much more intense because they don't get as much use. At a theme park they're required to run for countless months and long hours. I'm glad it's going back to Mondial to have some spa treatment, it deserves it =D

• 1 month later...

I hope if this retheme goes ahead, it actually gets proper theming around it too, and a painted console, platform getting repainted, a decent entrance etc.

Maybe Thorpe could build a new new console made of similar material making the new retail desk for SAW? Rusty corrogated metal and rotting wood anyone?

why can't you see it happening?well it's being sent back to the manufacturer... and Samurai colours and Warrior-ness doesn't fit in with Saw...If there was no re-theme it wouldn't fit in... it's being sent back so, YES and I'm happy for it.

But then again, who said it was being themed into Canada Creek? And Time Voyagers doesn't fit in with Calypso Quay or Amity Cove, and that was a move made by Merlin, so who says they aren't going to leave it where it is?

There's only one way we're gonna know if Samurai has gone back to Mondial for a retheme during the closed season.With or without it's pods, Samurai's resting position, as we know, is with the turquoise arm sticking up in the air. Sometimes you can see the back end of the arm poking out through the trees, from the car park! It's that noticeable! Sometimes during the closed season, you can drive into Thorpe's car park during the day (I have managed to). If you go near the shingle car park and near the lake (directly opposite Vortex) you may get a good view.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes I SAW :rolleyes: that too Aero. That is a stock image they use of a Top Scan. All rides of the same type on that website have the same image. One of the examples of this is the "Jumping Jack" ride. Look at page 2 and 11. Both using the same image.How come Fungle is removed and Samurai isn't from the website?The park have confirmed the other day that it isn't going anywhere.The name is Top Scan-Space Model with space being the word leading it back to Space Roller which is/was owned by James Mellors and was up for sale and is now sold I believe. I know a few of them have the product code of JM - then the number, which could stand for James Mellors, although I'm not 100% on that, more 50% as the other JM code rides I didn't know he owned if they was his.Also Samurai was NEVER EVER going to go back to Chessington.

Nothing has happened to Samurai this year, its the same Samurai its always been since it arrived at Thorpe Park. It has just had its yearly maintainence as usual and hasn't had a holiday to Holland :rolleyes: I think Zodiac was only replaced with Cyclone from Drayton Manor because it was very unreliable, Samurai doesn't have problems of that nature that require it to be replaced.The picture on the website with the Top Scan for sale is just a generic image used to show the potential buyer what a Top Scan looks like.

Right, I'm going to end this right here. Everyone please take note of this as its getting extremely tiresome.1. Samurai is not being re-themed2. Samurai is not going back to Chessington3. Samurai is not being sold.4. Samurai will be at Thorpe Park for many years to come.I thank you for your co-operation.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I had a Samurai pod all to myself. And is it slower this year? I was almost asleep! Also, I was on row 3, it came back down on row 4, has it gone back to the old days of your pod landing on any one it chooses?

Must have just been the setting you were on at the time, on Sunday it seemed to be giving pretty good rides, and came down on the same row that it started on.