Samurai

Phill

I suppose its pot luck really, and it may be the row, becuase on the same day I had an amazing go on row 3, and then I had a rubbish go on row 5, so could be the row, but I went on it at different times in the day so could also be the setting.

I suppose its pot luck really, and it may be the row, becuase on the same day I had an amazing go on row 3, and then I had a rubbish go on row 5, so could be the row, but I went on it at different times in the day so could also be the setting.

Also, the intensity of the experience can depend on the combined weight of all five passengers in the row. If the weight is more, the experience is likely to be more intense, because the pods are able to tip freely, so would therefore tip more violently during the ride.

That suprises me WhiteKnuckle as I had to best ride I've ever had on it on the 29th lol!You should've gone on the same time as me lol!

I was in pod 1, but just remembered why I had such a poor ride. Does sitting right on the inside affect ride experience, due to the fact that you are travelling less distance than on the outside.

I was in pod 1, but just remembered why I had such a poor ride. Does sitting right on the inside affect ride experience, due to the fact that you are travelling less distance than on the outside.

To be honest, I've never noticed a major difference between sitting on the inside and on the edge.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent managed to get on this yet :D always a queue time of 60 mins + which is a shame :D

Well I've only managed to get on it twice this season, and I'm kicking myself too. Because of the amount of times I walked past it with 0-Q times :o I've been once during this easter term, I'm going 2mz (11th) and next wednesday and the tuesday after lol. But I'm looking forward to the tuesday one, as the schools will be back and I'm soooo hoping que times will be low again :D

I love Samurai so much =] I've been on it 17 times and EVERY time I've been on Arm 5 :D Not sure why but each ride has been great, and I've sat on every seat except the far middle because looking at the rusty middle would scare me :DSamurai is perhaps my favourite ride at TP. Unlike roller coaster's it's ALWAYS different :o

I love Samurai so much =] I've been on it 17 times and EVERY time I've been on Arm 5 :D Not sure why but each ride has been great, and I've sat on every seat except the far middle because looking at the rusty middle would scare me :DSamurai is perhaps my favourite ride at TP. Unlike roller coaster's it's ALWAYS different :D

Samurai <3 I could sit on it all day, giggling like a little girl because of the amount of fun'ness it gives me :o

Samurai's settings are easily changable by the operator, although sometimes some of them can cause trouble with the ride 'zeroing', so are not used. Others are longer, or shorter, depending on the queue size (although, some operators totally ignore that to offer their favorite setting). I'm unaware if the settings have been re-programmed this season, the ride is totally hit or miss. Ask the operator nicely if you want a setting changed and I'm sure they will help you out, but don't blame them if you don't have a good ride!

Samurai's settings are easily changable by the operator, although sometimes some of them can cause trouble with the ride 'zeroing', so are not used. Others are longer, or shorter, depending on the queue size (although, some operators totally ignore that to offer their favorite setting). I'm unaware if the settings have been re-programmed this season, the ride is totally hit or miss. Ask the operator nicely if you want a setting changed and I'm sure they will help you out, but don't blame them if you don't have a good ride!

What's zeroing?

For the ride to lower it has to be in the 'zero' position which is basically the only spot where it can be raised and lowered, zeroing is when it finds the zero position to enable it to lower. You may have sometimes seen the ride swinging backwards and forwards a little bit before lowering, thats the ride trying to find zero.The reason you're not allowed to swing the pods during loading is because it can knock the ride out of the zero position and has to be reset because it will refuse to raise.

For the ride to lower it has to be in the 'zero' position which is basically the only spot where it can be raised and lowered, zeroing is when it finds the zero position to enable it to lower. You may have sometimes seen the ride swinging backwards and forwards a little bit before lowering, thats the ride trying to find zero.The reason you're not allowed to swing the pods during loading is because it can knock the ride out of the zero position and has to be reset because it will refuse to raise.

Oh ok thanks! :(

But while you're watching, another operator could take over and change the setting ;) And Also.... For the ride to lower it has to be in the 'zero' position which is basically the only spot where it can be raised and lowered, zeroing is when it finds the zero position to enable it to lower. You may have sometimes seen the ride swinging backwards and forwards a little bit before lowering, thats the ride trying to find zero.The reason you're not allowed to swing the pods during loading is because it can knock the ride out of the zero position and has to be reset because it will refuse to raise.

Or get on the ride and just get a friend to hold the operator at gun point, and shout at him loudly "GO FASTAHHH NOW" :( Sub-note: I do not encourage violence ;)Yeh Samurai was doing that lots and lots today