Samurai

Phill

ah ok , thank you :huh: . I was wondering what did mondial do to Samurai over the closed season this year? I know it went away but I wasn't sure what was done.

And to do with the counterweight, what rubbish. When it runs empty the counterweight end is heavier than the seating end, when it's half or fully loaded, the seating end is heavier. I can prove this by the fact you need at least 15 people to ride it, else if the power cuts out, the people will be stranded somewhere other than the platform area. The counterweights don't get changed so when the ride is running to the public, the people side is ALWAYS going to be heavier.

Spot on - if you sat on Samurai and let them remove the counterweights, you'd go flying and the pods would all land god knows where! Samurai relies on that counterweight like Stealth relies on the catch car - it can't work without it! That counterweight weighs something like 3 tonnes alone!

When is it?I'm going Friday, I am hoping that it will be up and running as I am going with someone who hasn't been on it yet and I told them it was the best flat.

I'm trying to go there for next weekend I know it will be busy but that is really the only weekend I will be free for a long time. I really want it to be open because my last ride on it was in October.

I'm trying to go there for next weekend I know it will be busy but that is really the only weekend I will be free for a long time. I really want it to be open because my last ride on it was in October.

Same, I think I am going to go over then again on Sunday, will probally get fastracks though, anyway back on topic, what is exactly wrong with Samurai anyway?

Although this not mean alot to all of you, I was waiting outside Samurai on Tuesday whilst waiting for Saw to open. At about half 11- 12, it stopped after the intiatal ride, during its return to ground. The ride stopped mid air during its time where it should have been lowered down to ground. It stayed in that position for about half an hour untill a ride operator did something to lower the ride back to its usual loading position. It didnt open again that day (as far as I'm aware).Has it re-opened since?

Damn that doesn't look good :huh: . and I'm going friday aswell , again with a few people who've never been to Thorpe and I told them that Samurai was the Best non-roller coaster ride

There is a possibility it will be open Friday, they have at least four days to get it fixed.

Cross motor is broken, it'll just be sourcing another that is the major problem - when the fan motor broke last year it was going to close for a hell of a long time but luckily another was found second hand but it full usability, maybe they won't be as lucky this time!

Samurai will be closed for another couple of days but will reopen about thursday or before but at least now its in its testing stages again adnd all the scaffolding has been taken down lol :blink:

Thats really good to know!Is it really in the testing stages?Thanks.EDIT: Sorry for the double post.