Samurai

Phill

What part of the cycle was the ride on? I.e.: Was it raising or lowering, or mid-ride?

Well we like lifted up, moved forward, moved back to start position and didnt lower for about 5 mins. Then we got off and they did a test run, but that wasnt succesful, so they closed it for about an hour or two.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As some of you may know, Samurai is a Mondial Topscan. It is fair ride used for travelling, however Samurai hasn't really travelled.Here shows the way they put up a Topscan. Shame you don't get to seem them put on the pods or counterweights!Here is the video showing it all being put together.

Shame James Mellors Space Roller is now not in the country any more travelling the UK! Oh well, at least Top Buzz 2 is back!!Seriously guys if you see Top Buzz 2 on your travels, pay it a visit. Samurai is not run at full potential, one of these controlled by an experienced operator at full speed etc is incredible!

• 1 month later...

Just been surprised as to just how low the throughput of Samurai is! ( 500 pph) Not quite as low as Vortex's though (450)On the Thorpe Park website, there is now ride information about all the rides which I've just had a quick flick through :) , quite interesting :)Edit: Sorry for possibly posting this in the wrong topic, but there isn't a general Thorpe Topic, for little things like this.

I think you will find that this has been on THORPE PARK's website for sometime now I think.

Can't seem to find this on the site, where exactly is it?

If you go onto a certain ride on the website.E.g. Samurai.It will then show, just before the heading 'Who can ride Samurai', a link above it.The link says 'Click here for further information on Samurai at THORPE PARK.'Once you have clicked on that, you will get all the information James was talking about. You can find out a variety of facts and statistics usually...(Samurai = Was relocated from Chessington & Zoo; 18m in height etc.)Hope this helps!

• 8 months later...

I totally disagree that the ride is disappointing, I have thouroughly enjoyed every single ride I have had on this this year and found it intense, forceful, lengthy and fast almost every time. Last week was a short ride but still a fast and intense ride. In fact this has become one of my favourite rides of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

The middle of the ride is currently being held down in the loading position by thick metal ropes.Also today a cherry picker was sent over and parked outside Samurai so I think that they will be sorting it out tomorrow. There was also a few workers standing on the platform having a video/pictures taken of them, wierd.

The amount of times I remember seeing a cherry picker jut sat there...

I see..So if there was no cherry picker there people would say "oh but they aren't doing anything, they are so lazy"But when there is a cherry picker "oh but they aren't doing anything with it, they are so lazy"Fan websites have a certain edge of predictability.. don't you think. Posted Image

The amount of times I remember seeing a cherry picker jut sat there...

Look on the positive side of things, the cherry picker was sent over in preparation for them to shortly fix the ride so can only be a good sign even if nothing happened yesterday. With the cherry picker already there they can begin fixing it ASAP when the new part or whatever is needed has arrived. They will want to get it up and running ASAP.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it gets sorted ASAP. But I do tend to be more pessimistic than optimistic - and I just won't hold my breath that we'll see it up and running by, say, the weekend. Again, don't get me wrong, Thorpe have done brilliantly this season reliability wise and you can only commend them for that. All I'm saying is that just because the cherry picker is out, doesn't mean it'll be used yet.

Fan websites have a certain edge of predictability.. don't you think.

Fair and true.

You do know that is just the maintenance position, right? It didn't crash or anything, if that was what you were thinking... :lol:

:lol: Of course I know that it is the maintence position silly, I was just making a joke as it looked wierd. I have been following theme parks for well over 12 years so do understand how rides work and what positions they go in!