Thorpe Farm

zkk

After reading the news on TPM that the farm will not be returning I've got mixed feelings.1st, Great new rides / new zone, even thou they will seriously have to improve access to the new area. But will there be a new area, there is a residential area right behind it, seems like Thorpe maby looking at doing an Alton Towers I.e. a car park where the farm is and a shuttle service into the park as some of the current car park is to be used as a hotel. Still shows that somthing big is happening and change and progress are a good thing.but 2nd, quite sad, I remember going to the farm as a kid used to love it especially when you used to go on the train and come back on the ferry (remember that). Hope the animals do go to Chessington and not to the butchers, as Thorpe had some of the biggest cows id ever seen. Then again it was the kind of attraction you visited once a season like Pirates 4D and probably cost a bit more to maintain.What is everybody elses opinion?

All I can see with the farm going , is that more visitors with young children will be visiting guest services complaining that there is not enough ride for the little ones , and that that had to spend their whole day re-riding Flying Fish. I'm not bothered about it going to be honest , if it means making way for the new 2009 coaster it's only good in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I dont think the trains will be sold off, maybe put into storage. I think they have some plans for the Farm, but the option are limited due to the residential area behind thorpe. Could be used for a water park? or maybe a secondary hotel if the first one is a big success.Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think there is any official confirmation that the Farm/ Trains are leaving so maybe it will just be closed for 2007-08 whilst they do what they are doing with the coaster.

• 1 month later...

I'm rooting for a chinese style hotel - thats of course if the first one is a success.I dunno, I just have always liked the idea of going on the train back to the hotel. Maybe have some oriental animals and a dragon themed waterpark there. Hopping on the alton bandwagon abit.Mind you I dont think the residence will appreciate that as much as we might.

• 6 months later...

I'm not at all sad that the farm's gone. When I was a child my parents always insisted on taking me there and I never saw the point... I can see animals at any old farm; Thorpe Park to me has always been about the rides and things. :huh: I liked the train journey and the trip on the boat once in a while but once I got there I got bored pretty quickly.