Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Fantastic choice, a dark, creepy theme which fits the bill of what we all wanted. As for having to be interested in Saw to enjoy this ride, what a load of crap. Do I have to be interested in Hulk, MIB, or any other ride based off a film? No I don't.If you think the films are crap, fair enough, but let's not go judging this ride before it's even built.

If you think the films are crap, fair enough, but let's not go judging this ride before it's even built.

I can prejudge this ride, because I have ridden all three Eurofighters in Europe - Typhoon, Speed and Rage. They are all nce enough rides, but completely NOT reridable due to the massive pounding headache you end up with. Don't get me wrong, any new coaster in the UK is a great thing, but ask yourselves this: Why have mainland Europe only got one?As for the name, well Saw innit :)

Well done Thorpe. Not only have you made a ride that has completely uninterested me from start to finish, you've also based it on the most underwhelming and dull series of films in the history of cinema.Still, for those that thought Buzzsaw was a good choice of name, Saw is basically that.. :)

Saw the ride? Sorry, is this a blunt pisstake? A coaster that looking pretty insane has just been thrown out of the window, with a pisspoor storyline; what happened to originality like Nemesis, or Oblivion? Sponsorship of a ride does screw a ride up to get marketing across, such as Bubbleworks, but this is just the next level. Jesus christ.. :)

Umm I'm not sure about itI mean ok brilliant, you've got a big name sponsor for the ride that will scare the living daylights out of certain, but on the other side....it's the big sponsor, what happens when the ride loses it's sponsorship, and they just can't make any more Saw films :)I personally think it could have a good re theme and look brilliant. But still, well done thorpe for I'm sure will be an interesting ride experience in the near future

Different words, same thing. I'm sure cussons collaberated with bubbles, tidal and flume. I'm sure fanta collaberated with thorpe park for fright nights again this year.At the end of the day, it promotes the brand, it gains it publicity which brings people out to go and watch the films, and therefore spending money. And whats better than having the ride NAMED after the brand, rather than having it related like.. AIR with minature heroes or such stuff. It's sponsorship.

Sorry guys, I totally missed this topic and posted elsewhere.I must admit, I hate the SAW series, they are pointless, gratuitously violent and at times, offensive films. I can't deny however, that the franchise will make a superb horror themed ride. Apparently there's the whole super-scary queueing "experience" that they are spending alot of time and money on and there is also the 30% of the ride that's indoors. Christ knows what they are putting in there but you can bet it's going to be a whole lot scarier than your average spookhouse.I'm excited.Oh, here's some news about it, in case anyone's interested. http://www.play-and-stay.co.uk/thorpe-park...-announced.html

So any ride based on a movie is sponsorship? Hulk? MIB? Please, give me a break.As you said yourself, "Air Brought to You By Cadbury Heros", is a sponsorship. Saw isn't, it's part of the franchise, it's a ride itself. There is a big difference. I can't see why people are upset, you have a movie studio fully supporting this ride, you're getting a complete story and dark ride. Just what the hell is to be anoyed about? What exactly is low about it? This is no different from universal or disney building a ride around a movie.

I'm not too sure about this. I'm quite impressed that the Saw makers have teamed up with Thorpe but I'm thinking this could be a big flop or a big success. *Hopes it will be good*.The Saw films are lame but whatever. I can see now why this would have a 15+ age restriction and also am I the only one thinking so what the hell was in that red box with 13 on it in the Discovery video?

I'm not too sure about this. I'm quite impressed that the Saw makers have teamed up with Thorpe but I'm thinking this could be a big flop or a big success. *Hopes it will be good*.The Saw films are lame but whatever. I can see now why this would have a 15+ age restriction and also am I the only one thinking so what the hell was in that red box with 13 on it in the Discovery video?

I just watched the haunted lunchbox video again, they mention a "device activating" that they can't talk about. Fits in well with the saw films from what I can remember. All pits of syringes and head splitty open gizmos.

Universal and disney rides support and advertise their own films, you nitwit, so yes it is sponsorship, considering the entire park isn't like that film companies thing. Disney is one huge advertisement. Universal is one huge advertisement.

So what the hell is low about it then?! We're getting a Disney/Universal standard ride, and you're saying it's low because it's an advertisement? I just fail to see what is low about it.Unlike Stealth, this is going to hold a story, it is going to be themed, it's the ride we've been waiting for Thorpe to get, and you're all complaining. No sense.

I don't really like the name of the ride. But I'm loving the potential now. As people are saying, a film studio are working with the development team. Let's hope that the ride experience is like stepping into one of the Saw sets."Scariest ride in the world"... that's a bold statement to make really. By saying that they're really going to have to impress now. I'm now expecting queueline pre-shows and a good storyline. I can see why people are moaning, but if the ride is going to be as immersive and in your face as it's making itself uot to be then hopefully people will stop throwing their dummies out of the pram.