Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Hmm, the site does say there are like 4/5 more videos yet to come. So they planned it but couldn't be bothered to do any more?...or they just don't think they're necessary. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Considering a lot of posters thought the November video was a waste of time, I can't see why people are so intent on more.

The Micro-site is wrong. There were 4 planned for the run up to the name release and then my NL one. Thats it of that series I believe.

How come you got your nolimits coaster with thorpe park? Did they ask for you, or did you email them your coaster? Maybe I could make a coaster for future Merlin attractions...

Have people seen the new images of the exterior?http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/archives/pr...age2/index.htmlAt the bottom.

I saw this picture and 50% of me likes it and 50% doesn't. But then again, the exterior is the least of my worries, what with the rest of the awesome theming!

The Samurai re-theme is still pretty much up in the air atm. The last update giving views of it showed it lying in pieces around the main platform. There hasn't been any updates since then, so no-one knows if it's left of not (unless they've been to the park and seen it). Samurai isn't on the Thrill Chill list, but then again, it never is, so whether it's been taken off for some other reason other the SAW construction, we don't know as of yet.

This makes interesting reading, because I drove into Thorpe's car park on the 6th and had a look. I parked where I usually park, near the gravel, and in past closed seasons I have been able to see the top end of Samurai's arm poking out. I couldn't see it this time, and so it got me wondering if the main arm has been taken off this closed season? Or is it even there, or in Holland?

There will be no more videos for SAWs marketing.

Surely they'll advertise it on TV this year?Does anyone actaully know the opening date for Saw? Is it 14th March?December's blog from the micro-site says: This week we have also seen the arrival and installation of the ‘head-chopper’ effect at the bottom of the 100º drop - I assume this is after being winched up, dropped (at 97º actually), and before heading into the half-loop? Which also makes me ask, is it a half loop or quarter?

December's blog from the micro-site says: This week we have also seen the arrival and installation of the ‘head-chopper’ effect at the bottom of the 100º drop - I assume this is after being winched up, dropped (at 97º actually), and before heading into the half-loop? Which also makes me ask, is it a half loop or quarter?

The press release confirms it as 100 degrees, but to be fair they could say anything within reason, we've got no way of proving it! And yeah lol, if it's at the bottom of the drop then where else could it be? ;)

Okay I'll try and explain it to you. This is scary how much time I have on my hands lol.This is the Immelmann loop!Posted ImageThis is the immensely sexy Immelmann turn and beneath it is the dive loop.Posted ImageAnd this is the cutest dive loop ever! The car will travel up the twisty bit then, "dive" down Amazing considering it's called a dive loop but yeah.Posted ImageHope that helps explain the inversions for ya!

This makes interesting reading, because I drove into Thorpe's car park on the 6th and had a look. I parked where I usually park, near the gravel, and in past closed seasons I have been able to see the top end of Samurai's arm poking out. I couldn't see it this time, and so it got me wondering if the main arm has been taken off this closed season? Or is it even there, or in Holland?

How many times do I have to say this, it's not going anywhere! The pods have been taken off and are currently sitting in Canada Creek, which means the counterweights are also off, which means they can put Samurai's main arm down so they can do closed season checks on it, which is what fairs do a lot when a Top Scan is packed up to keep it in good working order.Sorry to go off topic but it needed clearing up. It's been in its current position for a good few weeks now.

How many times do I have to say this, it's not going anywhere! The pods have been taken off and are currently sitting in Canada Creek, which means the counterweights are also off, which means they can put Samurai's main arm down so they can do closed season checks on it, which is what fairs do a lot when a Top Scan is packed up to keep it in good working order.Sorry to go off topic but it needed clearing up. It's been in its current position for a good few weeks now.

Hopefully this whole Samurai thing has been Cleared up now :huh: