Europa Park

MikeC

For the serious amongst us, the following link is a Swiss article about Europa and the Mack's in general, which is quite interesting and it proves their knowledge of the industry and why their park is quite frankly the best in Europe...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zeit.de%2F2013%2F28%2Feuropa-park-rust-schweizer%2Fseite-1

Google translate, it's not perfect, is it?!

The most amusement parks are now owned by consortia are managed by putting short-term profit targets - and have therefore not uncommon difficulties.

Yes, yes

"We sell Equality The rich are not our target audience," says a man whose job it is

YEEEESSSS!

Learn Merlin, learn...

"The people blow that wants to kick the extreme roller coaster is quantitatively small, not loyal and has little money," says Gronau. Of course there is also something for this clientele, they just have to drive a bit further, in the U.S. or England in the Total Thorpe Park in Surrey. Rust in such ostentatious ugliness would be unthinkable.

They've got your number!

I went yesterday and it was amazing, the park was busy but because the park is such well spread out and has a good mix of shows and can I just say, they had 4 train operations on a lot of coasters and they were still dispatching before most of the trains even got back to the station. It was ridiculous. Didn't queue longer than 40 minutes all day (mainly 20-30 mins) and that was for Wodan in the morning.

The park was beautifully clean and well themed, really had a good look at the areas and I took some photos will I will upload at some point, but right now, I can not be bothered if I'm honest :P All the staff were very friendly and they were all smiles.

One of the best theme park days I've ever had.

EDIT: PICTURES - apologies for the quality, they were taken on my phone :P

998425_1400831276796452_1762034696_n.jpg

999022_1400757620137151_844518567_n.jpg

1004793_1400757673470479_534957465_n.jpg

553411_1400757566803823_495737567_n.jpg

283421_1400754170137496_1172681916_n.jpg

1011500_1400754196804160_337497406_n.jpg

1069954_1400754120137501_1797242172_n.jp

562699_1400752856804294_189392823_n.jpg

164207_1400752793470967_1947640279_n.jpg

1014445_1400752760137637_948401799_n.jpg

And my favourite...

1069972_1400757750137138_2057352648_n.jp

• 4 weeks later...

In a few days time I am going on a holiday going round Europe stopping in different countries like France, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. Its all very exciting. On the way we will stop in Germany and we are going to this park. I have never been there before and I am very excited, about riding the blue fire because all you guys talk about it so much and about how good it is so it'll be great to try it out for myself. :)

In a few days time I am going on a holiday going round Europe stopping in different countries like France, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. Its all very exciting. On the way we will stop in Germany and we are going to this park. I have never been there before and I am very excited, about riding the blue fire because all you guys talk about it so much and about how good it is so it'll be great to try it out for myself. :)

Alpine Express, Euro Mir, Euro-Sat, Poseidon, Pegasus, Silver Star, Wodan. Just some other rides that are so good they are worth going on at least ten times. If you can :D

Learn Merlin, learn...

"The people blow that wants to kick the extreme roller coaster is quantitatively small, not loyal and has little money," says Gronau. Of course there is also something for this clientele, they just have to drive a bit further, in the U.S. or England in the Total Thorpe Park in Surrey. Rust in such ostentatious ugliness would be unthinkable.

They've got your number!

Um, I think Miro Gronau might have confused this:

ThorpeParkLogo.gif

With this:

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/

:blink:

I went again at the beginning of August and I now know that Europa Park is the place to go in school holidays (which I am stuck with thanks to my new job). Queues were all just under/over an hour with them constantly moving. The slowest queue was for Matterhorn (wild mouse). The park was heaving yet the operations were fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Europa park a few weeks ago, this will just be a report on how the day went and some of my opinions on the park.

First though, the ride count for the day:

Silver Star x2

Blue Fire x2

Wodan x2

Euro Mir x1

Euro Sat x1

Poseidon x1

Bobsleigh x1

Fjord Rafting x1

As we entered the park I noticed how big it was, I had no idea where any of the rides were so we decided, as a group to walk in a random direction and go on whatever ride we came across. So we started walking and we came across Euro Sat.

Euro Sat

The queue looked huge but as we entered it we soon realized that it moved really quickly. We were on within 40 mins. We went up for what seemed even longer than the time it takes to get to the top of storm surge! Then we heard a count down and we started going down. If I had to sum the experience up in one word, I would say Intense. Just because you think that you are going to go left and then it suddenly jolts you right and vice versa. I still really enjoyed it and it ourselves pumped for the rest of the day. Overall 5/10

Silver Star

One thing we noticed with the park is that on the bigger rides they cover up most of the queue so you don't know how long it will be. It was the same for silver star. The queue was about 50 minutes for this so not that bad for the tallest ride in the park. The queue line was alright as there were a few things to look at to keep us entertained. The ride itself was not as good as I expected but still amazing. We went back row and the air time we got was so good and all the twists and turns were great too. Overall 8/10

Poseidon

Queue was about an hour long and very well themed this raised m expectations for the actual ride itself. However I did't really find it fun at all to be honest. At least it definately wasn't worth the 60 minute wait for it.The queue line was great but the ride was very disappointing. Overall 4/10

Wodan

One word, wow. This ride was amazing. I mean maybe it was because I had never ridden a wooden coaster before but all aspects of it were just really fun. The queue was the most well themed queue of the lot and the ride was just fantastic. Before riding my initial thoughts were that it was gonna be bumpy and uncomfortable but it wasn't at all. I just loved the speed it made my eyes water it was going so fast. Overall 10/10

Blue Fire

This was the one that I had been looking forward too the most out of all of them because I had heard a lot of great things from you guys. Queue was about a 55 minute wait. Not sure if it was like stealth and that the front seat is 10x better but I couldn't find that out because the front seat queue was massive. Anyway I loved it, not as much as Wodan but I still loved it. I have to say that it wasn't the most thrilling of rides but it was paced so well and the inversions were placed in the right places. I loved the idea of the pulse measure and the queue was done well with all the rocks. Overall 9/10

Fjord rafting

When I saw this ride and all the signs to it saying stuff like "you will get wet on this ride" I immediately thought "rumba rapids". But it was nothing like rumba rapids I got soaked! It was a really fun ride and I have to give it a reasonably high score so Overall 6/10.

Bobsleigh

Not much to say really, it wasn't that fun a bit uncomfortable, Thank god I only had to queue for 5 minutes. 2/10

It was a great day especially wodan and I think that Europa park is a fantastic park.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arthur is a €20m (£17m) project which comprises the following:

1. Mul Mul Carousel

2. Cornpoppy Family Free Fall Tower

3. Minimoys Village

4. Slide Paradise

5. Arthur - suspended dark ride

6. Restaurant

7. Shop

Official vlog update on Arthur; with a few as yet unseen concepts! Video in French, which is the nationality of the project lead:

• 1 month later...

New official video from Mack Rides, to show off the capabilities of the system. I think the whole ride system looks brilliant, smooth, great quality with Mack's now world famous comfortable seating arrangement!

The speeds and specifications mentioned in the video are not related to Arthur, it's just the maximum that the system could cope with. Intrestingly, it's also able to operated in a gravity powered system. How long till we see a more thrilling suspended Mack coaster?

Anyway, on to the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsi2yd0cBzA