Europa Park

MikeC

12 hours ago, Benin said:

Neither of those actually answer his questions there...

For train routes, best bet is Deustche Bahn's official site... Should be able to input everything and get lots of information... Continental train services are far superior to the UK, and I think the trip is relatively simple and involves two trains, but I've never done it, but some on here have...

There should be links to shuttle information on the Europa website... Probably in their directions tab... When I used one it was €100 EACH WAY, this might have changed but I doubt it somehow...

All info (and shuttle links) are at http://www.europapark.de/en/services-info/worth-knowing/getting-here

Thank you

Are you staying at the EP Hotels? 

The shuttle is €180 euros each way. I always book this option just for peace of mind and the fact it's booked through the park means if something goes wrong then there is some kind of comeback at the hotel reception.

If staying at the hotels you can email them at hotel@europapark.de to book.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/02/2017 at 7:32 PM, CharlieN said:

Well then, I've just found out that I will be going to Europa Park for 2 days in early April. So could anyone tell me how busy you think it will be and also any tips would be greatly appreciated too!

I can't give you a definite answer, but can confirm there are variable open hours based on park's busyness. 

If the park shuts at 6pm, the park is likely to be reasonably quiet, however if it's closing at 8pm, then the likelihood is it will be pretty busy. 

I should also mention, these closing times are often minimum and if the park receives higher crowds than expected, then closing will usually be pushed back. Park close is confirmed around 3/4pm  everyday and you can see the provisional 2017 opening hours here.

ridewise, all I can suggest is go around area by area, arrive for opening and don't rush around. Europa is full of impressive gems and details everywhere you look. Europa has some of the best operations of any park in the world!

Must do rides I would recommend are: Blue Fire, Wodan, Silverstar, Arthur, Poseidon, Eurosat, Euromir, Geisterschloss, Pirates Of Batavia and Fjord River Rafting. However there are plenty of other amazing attractions out there to explore.

My biggest tip for making the most would be to download the park app and use the live queue times to avoid the long waits. I found the queues varied hugely and seemingly at random through the day from area to area, and the posted queue times were incredibly accurate. Even on the very busy days I went the major coasters dropped to near walk on occasionally.

Cheers @Matt Creek @pluk

Yes, I've got the EP app, I've had it for about half a year in fact (I've downloaded loads of theme park apps really for no reason - and most are for parks I'll never visit).

The 2 days I'm going are predicted to close at 6, which is a good thing I suppose. I also know that at the time of my visit all of Germany and most of France are still at school - so fingers crossed! 

Europa is definitely a park every enthusiast needs to visit at least once. Never have a been so blown away and impressed with a park, where the theming, atmosphere and entertainment are so good the rides are almost secondary. 

Unfortunately getting there is one of the few (but major) flaws of the places as the nearest airport is at least an hour away. And if don't have a driver in your party you are literally stuck between either fiddly public transport or park shuttle (which will spike trip budgets considerably). However it's all worth the effort in the end, not to mention there's rumours of a train line connecting the park in the future.

Anyways, back on topic. Project V latest.

C4fNL3iXAAE92dh.jpg&hash=73657988708f0a7

C4fNK8hWEAAl9RM.jpg&hash=16153e4ea42a990

Source-Michael Mack Twitter

Apparently there will be two flying theatres and the film will be called Flying Over Europe. It's also going to be using a fastpass style system too, mostly due to it's location near the entrance of the park. There are no plans to implement a similar system onto other rides and it won't be operational during the beginning and end of park days. 

• 3 weeks later...

All the rumours point towards project V being called (something along the lines of) 'Voletarium'.

There's a leaked logo and Micheal Mack posted a picture of an original model last year with a cheeky hint. If you zoom in you can just about see Voletarium written through the main archway.

If this is the name then I'm a fan. Sounds enchanting, grand and (dare I say) hi-brow! 

I know it's just another flying theatre like Soarin (and the many others were supposed to be getting), but I'm actually quite excited about this attraction, because it offers another immersive experience at Europa and something different from their other indoor attractions.

Could safely argue this attraction is arguably more exciting than Ferrari Land, even though they are both different projects altogether.

17 hours ago, Mermite said:

Argh same! And I really must write my trip report from the meet last year. Better late than never! :lol: 

It was a dream trip SOO many good memories! the weather was so kind (mostly)!  

Also the new project is so appropriate for them! And a simulator experience will complement the parks line-up nicely, and perfect for there family market! 

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 5's up today!

What a brilliant finale to the series with some stunning visuals. It also completes a very unique and developed backstory for  the 'Voletarium'. (Name now confirmed)

You've got to love EP and Efteling for their little videos! They exemplify how you can give a theme park ride an identity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was lucky enough to be visiting on opening day (Saturday). The queue line was, as previously stated, amazing, and the building from the outside was absolutely breathtaking and rivaled that of poseidon in my opinion. The ride itself was very enjoyable, the screens were high quality, the seats were comfortable and well synced, and the air effects were very convincing. My one complaint would be that its too short, lasting around 3 minutes, which is less than pretty much all other dedicated dark rides in the park. Nevertheless, definitely worth riding and it was very cool being in the first hour of opening. 

• 3 weeks later...