Europa Park

MikeC

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess the re-tracking will make the experience smoother, and another station for the VR will make the throughput bearable I guess too.

Anyway I guess this will sort out the jolts on the ride, which will hopefully make it more enjoyable.

But lets just hope the weird german rave music is kept or I will riot.

I'm surprised they didn't try to fit a topspin in the dome too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wodan, Silver Star and Blue Fire have all been confirmed to be open for this years winter season, weather dependant, to make up for Eurosat+Universe of energy refurbishments.

Wodan will operate in 0+, blue fire in 3+ and the temperature needed for silver star to run is unknown(likely around 5 degrees).

It makes me somewhat happy that Eurosat was given a deserving sendoff, especially being a fun and iconic ride experience. Would be great if more places did goodbye events to rides when they are removed,even if Eurosat's will be more of an excessive upgrade. 

Opening Silver Star this winter is a good move for the park (if the weather holds out) and makes me wonder if this could become a recurring thing in future years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago, I visited Europa Park for this season's winter event: "Winterzauber 2017/2018". Stayed in the Bell Rock Hotel and had an absolutely fantastic time, with all rides and attractions being open bar the log flume, Poseidon, Atlantica super splash, fjord river rafting, eurosat and Universe of Energy. It was great to see the park decorated for Winter and it looked absolutely beautiful at night, although it was also lovely to experience the park during the day time and enjoy the theming of each of the lands, particularly Ireland which I set foot into for the first time. We also got to enjoy the many special additions for the park's winter season such as Big wheel Bellevue(which looks stunning at night), magic ice, snow tobogganing, luna magica, winter starlight parade and the globe theatre Christmas musical as well as many more. We had an absolutely amazing time and I would highly recommend a trip to this park during winter(and also a stay in the bell rock hotel!).

Please check out my Vlog if you have time and if you enjoyed it, please leave a like or subscribe to my channel! :)