Europa Park

MikeC

• 1 month later...

EP have officially announced the transformation of Old 99 into...

‘Jim Button - Journey Through Morrowland’

The retheme was already known but it’s nice to receive a logo and an overhead plan of the attraction. EP are surely the best at rejuvenating old attractions when it’s not really necessary - Old 99 did look a bit tatty however.

(Also +100 for choosing an IP promoting inclusivity and racial equality!)

AC10BA84-5B77-4DDD-8C07-8DD798793C3E.jpeg

7844300F-3173-4191-A25E-58FFB4178A48.jpeg

I thought this news (or just the acquisition of the IP)  was known for quite some time but it was clearly just rumours until now. 

Also worth noting that a Jim Knopf film will be released this year - increasing the relevance of this retheme. 

Anyhow, 3 rethemes in the France area is very impressive, it’s just a shame they didn’t put this investment into the awful English area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love the new additions and attentive care the Macks put into Europa each year, whether that’s a cute update to one of their family rides or tweaking shops or eateries.

Europa definitely have a can can do attitude.

Speaking of which, the art work looks great, although I will very much miss the original space theme too.

I love how the park do little things like this to keep the park looking good even in some of the more meh areas.

Can Can Eurosat worries me a little bit- but I'm gonna keep faith as this is Europa. I'm expecting good theming and overall a more modern and smoother version of the ride.

• 1 month later...

I hope it doesn't damage the Scandinavia area too badly as it easily one of the more beautiful looking areas.

I guess if it in Pirates in Batavia/The Netherlands then not too much was lost.. Easily the most expendable area..

7 minutes ago, Benin said:

Might help it get a refurb sooner rather......

Lets hope another fire breaks out in Universe of Energy...