Europa Park

MikeC

I believe they are hoping to reopen the teacups within the next few weeks and Fjord Rafting for Summer. It will be interesting how they deal with removing and concealing the damaged buildings. 

Europa have an efficiency and dedication second to non, that I wish some  parks could take on. 

In terms of the affected areas, I reckon they will rebuilt Scandanavia withina similar style to the original (albeit minor updates). Hopefully Vineta can be restored, probably for 2019.

As for Pirates In Batavia , this is where things become more ambiguous. Do the park rebuild a similar replica (albeit a more modern take), a water dark ride with a new theme or a completely different concept altogether? I’m sure the Macks are thinking long and hard about this, considering it was still a popular attraction regardless. 

They've tweeted that plans are already afoot for a new family ride where Pirates in Batavia stood.

After losing the popular driving attraction "Pirates in Batavia", the owner family Mack is deeply concerned about a new concept. At the moment we can already confirm that there will be an attraction for the whole family in the future.

This reminds me why Europa is my number one park.

Roland and the Mack family are truly dedicated in what they do, focusing on giving their visitors the highest possible experience in tip-top condition.

Very few parks out there would be able to reopen a rapids ride just two weeks after a devastating fire which shows just how amazing they are. In most park’s it would be miraculous having it reopen this season, let alone weeks. 

Sources also say, Pirates will be returning after the tragic fire, which implies an updated and improved version of Batavia could well be returning in the future. Source- Michael Mack Twitter

Amazing stuff, though I doubt helped by the difference of regulatory standards...

If same thing happened here, HSE would have the site until determination of the root cause was firmly established and the park would prove that it wasn't in the wrong (or try to)... We'd never get this purely because the parks wouldn't care or lazyness...

I think it’s perhaps an observation of how one park can run a rapids almost as usual after a huge nearby fire whilst the other it seems business as usual, despite running noticeably fewer boats than it should. Which could potentially be as an overreaction to various events.

Merlin can run the rapids properly and safely  with all running vehicles, however they choose not to.

Unfortunately, if a similar fire happened at a U.K. park, the efficiency to reopen and replace attractions in the vicinity would take considerably longer, it’s not all the park’s faults as I think safety laws are considerably stricter here than they are in most of Europe. I also don’t think it helps when there’s an attitude with “if person XYZ gets injured on a ride in Europe, it is their fault because they didn’t follow instructions” whereas in the U.K. it is more like “if person XYZ gets injured on the ride,  it’s the park’s fault because it happened”. 

Anyone remember the Chessington fire? The park was closed for several days then, however the timing of Year perhaps helped make it more practical to reopen on Boxing Day.

17 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Don't quite see what Towers' rapids having less boats than normal has anything to do with Europa's rapids being open?

Because it is jarring that they can open theirs fully, presented smarty and running properly after such a massive event because the owners care, where as we have a dirty, effect free version running at a hugely reduced capacity as a matter of course because the owners think that is an acceptable way to go about their business.

Effect free (well, the only effect was the waterfall anyway) because of an on-going HSE investigation into a similar attraction down the road, but why let facts get in the way of bashing Merlin?

Dunno about the boats, could potentially be one of those moments where a bottleneck happened at the base of the lift hill so a massive gap developed... Happened before...