Europa Park

MikeC

27 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

We noticed at Europa, the railway crossings are all open. They expect people to use their eyes and ears to not be hit by a train as opposed to treating people like idiots with barriers.

However, in anywhere but Germany people will somehow manage to find a way to accidentally get run over by a theme park train.

It just always strikes me as odd that when one park does something well, it always has to be justified further by saying "Well, it's better than this". 

You don't watch a great film, say it's great, then say "and it was better than a rubbish film". Yet it seems almost normal to do that with theme parks. 

I just don't get it.

5 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

We noticed at Europa, the railway crossings are all open. They expect people to use their eyes and ears to not be hit by a train as opposed to treating people like idiots with barriers.

There are plenty of parks in the UK that operate with open crossings so don't think that is due to health and safety being more relaxed in Germany. 

• 1 month later...

After weeks/months of speculation, we finally have a provisional/approximate opening date for the Eurosat CanCan coaster and Madame Freudenreich Curiosities. 

36942840_2048558818742618_34473643821267

Wednesday The 12th September. Source-Europastreet. 

Feels somewhat strange (if a little disappointing) for the resort to open their new attractions two thirds into the season. Apparently it’s been a long, major and difficult process, largely due to site access and removing/replacing ride track. As far as we know, the fire has not affected the schedule of this project.

To think this will probably open the day after I finish my next trip is nothing short of a punch in the face!

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Don't book trips until you know opening dates then... I'm still waiting on bloody Sweden!

In all fairness, not many attractions open beyond July/August time (unless there’s major setbacks). This however seems to be in that minority.

I cannot remember the last time a major park to open an attraction in September or later. Legoland’s Rapids is the best example that comes to mind, but that was still late August 2007. 

At the end of the day I’m visiting Europa largely on the basis of it being an amazing resort and destination that puts care, effort and dedication into everything they do. Heck, they’ve even opened a new eatery mid season ontop of the ones relocated after the fire.

Getting the CanCan coaster would have been nice but looks like it wasn’t meant to be, unless it soft opens (which is unlikely). I feel more sorry for Tomb who never did the original Eurosat.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:16 PM, Matt Creek said:

After weeks/months of speculation, we finally have a provisional/approximate opening date for the Eurosat CanCan coaster and Madame Freudenreich Curiosities. 

36942840_2048558818742618_34473643821267

To think this will probably open the day after I finish my next trip is nothing short of a punch in the face!

12th September is the date of the press event. Apparently they are hoping to have part of the area open before this date on a soft opening, especially Eurosat. That's just rumours though, however it seems possible that it will be open for your trip!

• 1 month later...

Madame whatshername has opened today. 

It looks... strange. Obviously I haven’t seen the queue but it seems to lack an exposition - surely having a Madame Freudenreich animatronic at the start would solve that problem.

Saying that, this refurbishment has clearly given life into a dilapidated ride, on a budget too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eurosat CanCan coaster is now officially open!

The ride looks great judging from pictures and an early POV. The lift hill looks superb as you slowly ascend the Eiffel Tour with a very loud orchestral homage to Sat’s old music! The rest of the ride seems as expected - 2D facades indicating a mad dash through Paris. 

The Queue seems up there with Voletarium’s and the station looks so charming. Seems like a solid improvement.

Full Walkthrough and POV:

Pics from TowersStreet:

6B680853-7F2F-4A5B-BE9B-36C3427819E0.jpeg

D99AA4EA-3C2D-4EB4-AA04-2322203C995D.jpeg

06F289F9-943A-403E-A6C7-0DA03E240D51.jpeg

4AE6D06E-A95B-4007-9BA7-9CA379AA5FF5.jpeg

F9B2AD98-E723-471A-AB78-2982104F94BF.jpeg

75ACFFF3-4FC6-4049-B541-21DAC987A2F1.jpeg

48E751AE-771A-478F-8B09-0B5D59FC8C3B.jpeg

E5986D24-39CF-4EF2-9C1C-131009051509.jpeg

Whoa! What a transformation - that station!

And I love that homage to the old Sat music ?❤️

Theres now a page for Eurosat Coastiality: https://www.europapark.de/en/attractions/eurosat-coastiality

With ‘Eurosat Coastiality’ Europa-Park offers its visitors a worldwide unique virtual reality experience. All visitors will use their VR headset even before the actual VR ride in a pre-show room. With the VR headset on, all visitors will walk through a virtual reality world. Not only will they walk across the station to the train but will also board the train without taking their headsets off. As soon as all visitors are seated the VR ride in the coaster will begin. The real, physical surroundings are replicated in detail which enables visitors to enter the train while wearing the VR headset.

Wow. 

Just come back from Europa and regretibly missed the CanCan Coaster by just a day. Can’t remember the last time I was spited something so much.

On the s note, it looks beautiful from the outside and the French area as a whole looks terrific.

Things to note:

1/ Food Loop looks like it’s got new lighting

2/ Volatarium is stunning and kicks Ferrari Land’s one to the curb

3/ Jim Knopf Marks a charming yet refreshing update to the former 99 ride system 

4/ Madame Freidrich’s Curiodities is such a charming dark ride. An attraction about dinosaurs wearing clothes made from an old lady on paper shouldn’t work, but it seems to perfectly here. Such an upbeat happy attraction with a lot more life and character than the ageing Universe Of Energy ride. I love how EP is retheming stuff with more upbeat brighter themes. Unlike some other parks. 

5/ The absence of the fire damaged was slightly noticeable but didn’t drastically affect the enjoyment or trip duration. It still makes me sad though, seeing that empty patch of land in the middle of the park and a partially naked rapids.

6/ The Park shows were of good quality and variation, especially the park’s Rutluntica musical and Paddington on Ice. How they managed four dress changes in audience view in a few minutes was astounding!

7/ Wodan and Arthur still amazing and have aged well.

8/ Blue Fire isn’t as good as Helix and Icon, but is still a great ride, looks beautiful and has an amazing throughput. That last  inversion though is phenomenal!

9/ Silver Star isn’t as good as Shambhala but everything after the mid course brake fun is excellent and arguably better than the ending of Shambhala. 

10/ If anyone wants good reasonable food, the Pizza Pasta place between France and Italy is somewhere I recommend.

11/ Bench is still hilarious.

12/ Rutluntica is progressing well. It’s amazing how large the site and hotel will be, which are a surprising distance from the main park and other hotels. They have a preview centre too.

13/ Operations are naturally excellent. Trains dispatched on average every 30-40 seconds but maybe as quick as 20 on some. I did notice some slightly stricter nods to safety though, such as more warning labels and restraint checking. However in this age of paramount safety and exploitative social media, it’s to be expected. 

14/ Ireland is a fun area for younger guests. BA Express is perhaps the smallest coaster I’ve been on in a park. It honestly makes Octonauts look thrilling!

We spent five days there, which felt plenty of time whilst there. The park hotels look amazing and I vow to stay in one in the future. Silverlake Saloon is a nice place to chill and eat after close. Reasonable cost and quality I’d say. 

if I haven’t said it already, Europa is a park everyone should visit at least once, even you aren’t into parks that much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...