Europa Park

MikeC

My bi-annual report on the worlds best theme park:-

Can-Can coaster is a good ride. For those that liked the original which was far more violent, this might disappoint initially. It's definitely now firmly in the family thrill category. It's also a lot busier due it being newer and the trains being one row shorter.

VR on this is 'ok', the best part of wearing the headset is getting into the train in a VR world. Thats impressive technology. Once you're in the train though, there's a of waiting around and the VR experience somehow makes the ride seem very short.

Madame Frekenreichs curiosity is excellent. A somewhat depressing experience has been turned into sheer joy. The birthday scene at the end is a pure delight.

Jom Knopff isn't as good as Circus 99. Whilst the older version was tacky and a bit 80's it at least was visually interesting. Job Knopff, whilst looks better, is actually pretty boring. Most of the ride is just empty tunnels and caves. One scene has a story but thats it. Luckily all the theming for this has been moved onto Gay boat ride and the Vintage cars making them 100% better.

Volatarium is excellent, even if completely rips off Soarin'. Amuses me how European audiences barely react to rides whilst Americans woop and cheer.

Euro-mir wasn't spinning in the lift hill section. Really odd as it was spinning in all the other areas just not the four minute lift hill.

Love, Love, LOVE how they've added steam affects to Alpine Express.

Finally saw Blue Fire on a four train operation and they are the slickest, most fantastic operations of any theme park ever. Without fail, a train dispatching every 25 seconds. Silver Star was on three trains, near perfect operations too. Wodan was clearly in a mood as it was stacking a lot and would get stuck in the break run or wouldn't park properly in the station.

I have no idea how Scandinavia can open in 3 weeks. It's still very much a building site. It will open on time though because this is Europa Park.

Only managed about 30 rides a day though but the park was busier then my previous visits.

The work they have done to Madame Freudenreich is astonishing! They have transformed what was essentially one of their weaker dark rides into something far more special and memorable. Could go as far to say it may currently be their best.

Hopefully the next few years at Europa shall be exciting and promising, whether that be Rutluntica and Kronosar, the rebuilding of Scandinavia and Pirates In Batavia or the other little things they do inbetween. 

Europa Park is class and they certainly show people how an attraction should be operated and progress throughout. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, Mark9 said:

My bi-annual report on the worlds best theme park:-

Can-Can coaster is a good ride. For those that liked the original which was far more violent, this might disappoint initially. It's definitely now firmly in the family thrill category. It's also a lot busier due it being newer and the trains being one row shorter.

VR on this is 'ok', the best part of wearing the headset is getting into the train in a VR world. Thats impressive technology. Once you're in the train though, there's a of waiting around and the VR experience somehow makes the ride seem very short.

Madame Frekenreichs curiosity is excellent. A somewhat depressing experience has been turned into sheer joy. The birthday scene at the end is a pure delight.

Jom Knopff isn't as good as Circus 99. Whilst the older version was tacky and a bit 80's it at least was visually interesting. Job Knopff, whilst looks better, is actually pretty boring. Most of the ride is just empty tunnels and caves. One scene has a story but thats it. Luckily all the theming for this has been moved onto Gay boat ride and the Vintage cars making them 100% better.

Volatarium is excellent, even if completely rips off Soarin'. Amuses me how European audiences barely react to rides whilst Americans woop and cheer.

Euro-mir wasn't spinning in the lift hill section. Really odd as it was spinning in all the other areas just not the four minute lift hill.

Love, Love, LOVE how they've added steam affects to Alpine Express.

Finally saw Blue Fire on a four train operation and they are the slickest, most fantastic operations of any theme park ever. Without fail, a train dispatching every 25 seconds. Silver Star was on three trains, near perfect operations too. Wodan was clearly in a mood as it was stacking a lot and would get stuck in the break run or wouldn't park properly in the station.

I have no idea how Scandinavia can open in 3 weeks. It's still very much a building site. It will open on time though because this is Europa Park.

Only managed about 30 rides a day though but the park was busier then my previous visits.

30 rides a day when, without fast track, you're lucky to get about 5 in at Thorpe on a busy day. Europa always raising the standard but what's new?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And these are the sort of guests that result in over the top procedures appearing over our parks. 

The fault was 100% with the guests, so they should be responsible for their careless actions. Hopefully with this being Europa, the concussions won’t be too bad. Maybe we will just see a new/larger notice to remain seated. Unlike some parks which might put in procedures that would drastically slow the throughputs.

11 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I'm not saying all French are bad guests but....

Not all French people are terrible tbf. But in saying that, the French, as well as Dutch school kids, are the worst guests I've ever encountered at parks, so...

7 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

Maybe we will just see a new/larger notice to remain seated. Unlike some parks which might put in procedures that would drastically slow the throughputs.

I'd personally be surprised if we see the park do anything. The set up of train rides is pretty universal. I'm sure Europa realise this is a rare incident with stupid guests and don't need to take action unless it becomes worryingly common.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

Not all French people are terrible tbf. But in saying that, the French, as well as Dutch school kids, are the worst guests I've ever encountered at parks, so...

I'd personally be surprised if we see the park do anything. The set up of train rides is pretty universal. I'm sure Europa realise this is a rare incident with stupid guests and don't need to take action unless it becomes worryingly common.

For me it's the Brits.

• 2 weeks later...

https://blooloop.com/features/roland-mack-70th-birthday-europa-park/

A great article on the Mack family, containing some interesting points as well:

• Themeparks are moving evermore into resorts with the opening of second gate attractions, if Rulantica works well expect more theme parks to follow
  • Liseberg is going to build a hotel and a second park within the next few years. I assume a waterpark?
  • “One ride I think would be a really perfect fit for us is the Time Traveler [Xtreme Spinning Coaster], which we sold to Silver Dollar City. It’s a fast ride, but I think it’s still a family ride. It has wonderful cars and a perfect track layout. In general, I would really like to have a ride like this in our park, but the waterpark was a big investment.” - Next rollercoaster for Europe perhaps or an update to Blue fire? Depending on the success of Rulantica which I'm sure will be fine.

A direct train to the park at some point in the future.

• 7 months later...

Video from opening day at EP outlining changes to Blue fire and the preview centre/exterior of Pirates in Batavia. 

Not a huge fan of the new queuing area for Blue Fire and the outside has been completely remodelled. No more attempting to push each other in the water at the start of Blue Fire queue! 

Pirates area looks great! Cannot wait to experience the updated version. 

Some new rockwork was also shown added to the Bobsle coaster. 

Some good updates made to Geisterschloss as well with a new scene.

Love the little new additions like this each year.

New bridge however looks ugly. They've attempted to them it but the metal work looks temporary and sticks out like a sore thumb. Surprisingly shoddy for EP! 

Finally Europa Park now have a radio station. It is based in the French area of the park and blasts out in the area. An awful move in my opinion removing the atmosphere from the French area where it used to play lovely French music! Surprised they have done this Awful and reminds me of the time Thorpe changed its entrance/dome/beach music to the noise! Video from Europa-Park Insider. 

Not a fan of the changes done to the Blue Fire queue line, but understandably this is to make social distancing easier.

On the other hand, love the changes they’ve done to Geisterschloss and Schweizer. Love when parks plush their older attractions. The Batavia area and preview look excellent, especially the facade area. 

Cant say I’m a fan of the EP radio thing. I’m sure it will serve some purpose to it’s visitors but much prefer themed audio. Already miss hearing ALLO ALLO in the French area.

Here is the usual annual list of all updates for the parks 2020 season. (thanks to EPfans.info and auto translate)

Park:

Adventure

•  land pulleys on "Jungle Raft Ride" partly renewed

Germany

• facades of the Deutsche Allee partly repainted
  • park plan display at the entrance turnstiles redesigned including TV display
  • new construction of the water channel in the middle of Deutsche Allee

England

•  roof of "The British Carousel" renewed
  • The football scooter has a new entrance received (former BlueFire entrance)
  • New slot machines / games in the "Market Hall" arcade New slot machine for redeeming winning tickets in the "Market Hall" arcade
  • Additional payment options at the exchange machine in the "Market Hall" arcade
  • Tree felled and newly paved on the corner of 

France

•  The Euro-Tower has received new window panes
  • CanCanCoaster Eurosat can only be used with a "virtual queue"
  • Facades near the steam locomotive partly repainted
  • Old intermediate floor in the "Eurosat - CanCan Coaster" made of wood replaced by new metal
  • railings in the queue area of "Eurosat - CanCan Coaster "deleted
  • remote-controlled Alpha Mods vehicles between" Eurosat - CanCan Coaster "and" Silver Star "
  • gripper hall next to Magic Cinema 4D has been converted to EP Radio Station
  • Walk of Fame before" Magic Cinema 4D "completely renewed
  • Railing from bridge over lake extensively renovated
  • New 2D film (departure to Batavia) in the "Magic Cinema 4D" at 11:40 / 14:20 / 16:20 (currently suspended)
  • New elements in the Mercedes-Benz Hall

Greece

•  joints of the paths in the village of Mykonos partly repainted
  • sections the Poseidon track repainted

Grimm's fairytale forest

•  roof by "Hänsel & Gretel" partly covers and renovated the track
  • by "Wichtelhausen" renews

Ireland

•  works on "Old Mac Donald`s Tractor Fun"

Island

•  BlueFire can only be used with "virtual queue"
  • distance from all GAZPROM Information in the entire subject area (no longer as sponsor)
  • Redesign of the blue fire megacoaster in the area of the launch
  • Complete redesign of the former "GAZPROM Hall" including the square in front of it
  • New attraction: "Nord Stream 2 Dome"
  • Individual sections of "WODAN Timburcoaster" renewed including metal railings
  • New "Magnum Pleasure Store"

Italy

•  New animatronic in the queue area of the "Geisterschloss"

Arthur Kingdom

•  Show stairs in front of the open air stage i.Kd Minimoys
  •  Arthur can only be used with "Virtual Queue"

Luxembourg

• Partially new exhibition "Rulantica" incl.Monitor to watch the Rulantica musical
  • Revised revolving theater show
  • Revolving theater halls extensively renovated with new chairs and new floor

Netherlands

• Pirates in Batavia 2.0 (possibly from summer 2020, possibly at the end of July 2020)
  • Facades completely rebuilt
  • Preview area in the queue area of "Pirates in Batavia"
  • Clear tree cut to expose the Böcklinkapelle

Austria

•  Floor panels from "Alpenexpress Enzian" renewed

Portugal

•  facade of the " Atlantica Supersplash "Station renovates
  • revolving platform from" Atlantica Supersplash "overhauled
  • parts of the" Atlantica Supersplash "rail repainted

Russia

•  Onride Video System (cdride)" Euromir "will be replaced by Ridercam 4.0 during the season.
  • EuroMir can only be used with" Virtual Queue "

Switzerland

• Onride Video System (Ridercam) "Matterhorn-Blitz" updated to version 4.0
  • New rock construction on the "Swiss bobsleigh track" part of
  • the "Swiss bobsleigh track" partly repainted and redesigned

Scandinavia

•  amusement arcade "Speel Deel" completely redesigned
  • Additional payment options at the exchange machine in the "Speel amusement arcade" Deel "
  • New provisional staircase from Scandinavia to Iceland to optimize the flow of visitors
  • aerators installed in the lake
  • New Bluembe edging made of granite stelae

Spain

•  New slot machines / games in the" Sala de Juegos "
  • arcade" Sala de Juegos "arcade was equipped with air conditioning
  • New machine for redeeming winning tickets in the "Sala de Juegos"
  • arcade Additional payment options at the exchange machine in the "Sala de Juegos" arcade

Hotels:

Santa Isabel

• entire facade refreshed

Krønasår

• New lettering "Sven Jørgensen & Co" on facade

Other

• new slot machines in hotel Resort
  • Additional payment options at the exchange machines (games) of the hotel resort

Everything else:

• Rulantica: New relaxation area with smaller textile saunas above "Lumålunda" (under construction)
  • Signposts partly new labeled
  • Maintenance of various attractions throughout the park
  • Extensive renovation "Brunnen der Encounter" in the entrance area
  • Three new souvenirtickets Roof
  • under EP Express rail in Andaluz style at the bus stop Hotel resort
  • New login area for club card holders (number of park visits, vouchers and more)
  • remodeling "Ed`s Party Parade" to "Ed`s Adventure Parade" with partly new parade cars (currently suspended)

• 1 month later...

Looks absolute lush.

TPW reported recently that the park is running is very well post *sensitive information*

Spoiler

Covid 19

This could be down to them loading trains in full. Also apparently dispatches are pretty usual Europa style (fast).

Can't wait to get back to Europa, the new dark ride in Scandanavia as well as Pirates is enough reason I guess.

I'm glad the park is running good even after: *just in case someone gets offended

Spoiler

Covid 19. Sorry for any offence this post may cause. And any offence this apology for potential offence this may cause.