Europa Park

MikeC

12 hours ago, Benin said:

I can honestly say I've never dived to the depths of stealing children just to get a cred...

Yet......

What's your coaster count @Benin? 

Back on topic. I'd love to go to Europa Park and I plan on combining EP with HP and Phantasialand on a trip to Germany when I'm 18. I may try and include Hansa or Holiday Park too.

9 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

It appears the Ireland area's opening has been delayed and instead of May, will now open in the Summer. Source-Europastreet

Safe to say 2016, has been a pretty bad year for delays, first with Rivers Of Light, Derren Brown's Ghost Train and now this. 

Unacceptable.

Let's not forget Lightning Rod is being delayed.  Lost Kingdom failed to open when internally planned.  Klugheim still doesn't have an opening date.  Mission Ferrari at Ferrari World was meant to open in 2015.  Karnan's tower hasn't been fully themed.  Legoland Windsor still haven't opened Ghost yet.  Kong failed to open for its internally planned soft opening.  The list goes on. 

The theme park industry is nothing but delays and broken promises.  Let's all rage.

Indeed! 

But not like it's gonna stop me visiting though, just been one of those years.

4 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Let's not forget Lightning Rod is being delayed.  Lost Kingdom failed to open when internally planned.  Klugheim still doesn't have an opening date.  Mission Ferrari at Ferrari World was meant to open in 2015.  Karnan's tower hasn't been fully themed.  Legoland Windsor still haven't opened Ghost yet.  Kong failed to open for its internally planned soft opening.  The list goes on. 

The theme park industry is nothing but delays and broken promises.  Let's all rage.

Almost forgot the whole of Ferrari Land ( at PA) which was supposed to open this year but will now be 2017.

• 1 month later...

The one thing I would say about Europa Park is that if you haven't stayed in one of the resort hotels then DO IT. Even if it's just for one night.

I appreciate that the nearby B&B's are great value for money but I think staying in the hotels only enhances the whole EP experience. I used to be firmly in the camp of "why pay the extra money when I can stay in a B&B" but now I always book the on site hotels, Bell rock being my personal favourite.

I now visit the park at least twice a year (8 nights in total) and never get bored of it. Total perfection.

31 minutes ago, Graeme said:

The one thing I would say about Europa Park is that if you haven't stayed in one of the resort hotels then DO IT. Even if it's just for one night.

I appreciate that the nearby B&B's are great value for money but I think staying in the hotels only enhances the whole EP experience. I used to be firmly in the camp of "why pay the extra money when I can stay in a B&B" but now I always book the on site hotels, Bell rock being my personal favourite.

I now visit the park at least twice a year (8 nights in total) and never get bored of it. Total perfection.

Agree completely. I've stayed on the resort grounds six times in the last ten years and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are wonderful hotels, the staff are so friendly and the food is just amazing. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I got back from Europa Park on Friday,was there for 4 days and it was around my 12th visit to the park. Still love it and I;m still seeing little details around the park that I had missed before. I've booked to go back in October this year too as Halloween makes the park a totally different place, also going at Christmas for the first time this year. All in all, europa Park has me hooked!

Also worth noting that I git a free room upgrade, just down to engaging with the park on twitter....

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Neither of those actually answer his questions there...

For train routes, best bet is Deustche Bahn's official site... Should be able to input everything and get lots of information... Continental train services are far superior to the UK, and I think the trip is relatively simple and involves two trains, but I've never done it, but some on here have...

There should be links to shuttle information on the Europa website... Probably in their directions tab... When I used one it was €100 EACH WAY, this might have changed but I doubt it somehow...

All info (and shuttle links) are at http://www.europapark.de/en/services-info/worth-knowing/getting-here