MikeC

Europa Park

Roland's been at the sauce again during board meetings:

https://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen/mittelstand/familienunternehmer/roland-und-michael-mack-europapark-besitzer-wollen-seilbahn-nach-frankreich-bauen/23585840.html?nlayer=Newsticker_1985586&ticket=ST-351031-XUAdi4MuIWBfZbETCnrd-ap2

Basically in a team up with France's government, plans to build a chairlift to the park from a small village exist to improve infrastructure... Somehow?

As a project, this must be costing MILLIONS - this won't be cheap. Crazy really that they're considering this, just to potentially help ease of traffic congestion. I question how much it'll improve people's travel to the park, and how much of Europa's thinking is just 'this draws even more attention to us and creates something unique'.

But it's still a quirky thing to see, and I'm sure people will love it, so I've got nothing against it.

24 minutes ago, ChiapasC. said:

As a project, this must be costing MILLIONS - this won't be cheap. Crazy really that they're considering this, just to potentially help ease of traffic congestion. I question how much it'll improve people's travel to the park, and how much of Europa's thinking is just 'this draws even more attention to us and creates something unique'.

But it's still a quirky thing to see, and I'm sure people will love it, so I've got nothing against it.

Tbh while your at it Europa park, please link this project to the train station and the airport and dont forget a stop at the water park........ whats the worlds longest cable car? Why not go for the world record while your at it ?

Which airport though? I dread to think how much work would be required to get this to Basel or any of the other 'major' German airports...

Wish they'd get some form of direct train service tbh from the likes of Stuttgart...

4 hours ago, Benin said:

Which airport though? I dread to think how much work would be required to get this to Basel or any of the other 'major' German airports...

Wish they'd get some form of direct train service tbh from the likes of Stuttgart...

Isnt the french airport strasbourg the closest in line with this plan, I know ryanair flew there last year?

1 hour ago, RobF said:

Isnt the french airport strasbourg the closest in line with this plan, I know ryanair flew there last year?

Still have the issue of public transport options being insanely limited (it would take 2 hours from Strasbourg to this new location); and the issue of going to Stansted and flying with Ryanair...

19 minutes ago, Benin said:

Still have the issue of public transport options being insanely limited (it would take 2 hours from Strasbourg to this new location); and the issue of going to Stansted and flying with Ryanair...

Ive got it........ europa park to have a private runway and terminal !