Europa Park

MikeC

• 2 weeks later...

Much of the rides theming is yet to be completed, including the interior queueline areas and Viking Village beyond the main entrance arch. However, Wodan operated on low capacity for a soft opening day on Saturday, 24th March. The park was open for a buy out by a Swiss supermarket, and was open from 9:00am - 7:00pm, with Wodan available from 11:00am to 6:00pm. There were 24,000 on park (a medium to busy day for EP) and the ride had a queue of between 60 and 80 minutes. Here is some footage:

I strongly recommend that everyone checks out some pictures from the Wodan media day over at TPR via the link below. My god... This ride looks 10/10 in every aspect possible, definitely looks the best new ride of 2012 in my opinion. It looks so wonderfully themed, I really don't know how else to describe it, Wow. :)http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62114

And once again, it puts the sword to ANYTHING that Merlin could do and, indeed, the majority of theme parks.Wonderful. This weekend cannot come quickly enough!

Winner of pointing out the obvious award goes to Astwodan ;)Looks wonderful, but what did people expect from the best park in the world?

That just looks incredible. I cannot wait to visit this stunning park in the summer. On that note, does anyone know anywhere to get cheap tickets or vouchers, and does anyone know how busy it gets in August (I'm assuming very, but I'll only be there for one day and would like to do as much as possible)?

• 2 weeks later...

It's (unfortunately) not that cheap and/or easy to get to...

Unless you like Ryanair and can get to Stansted at silly times of the day of course...

On my booked trip I'm flying to Basel from Gatwick through EasyJet and booking (eventually) a shuttle to get us to the park hotel...

Hotels for 3 nights start from 606 euros for two adults, not including park tickets... Bound to be a few B&Bs in Rust though, where you could probs walk to the park from...

HOWEVER, it is worth it...