Vortex

Lewie900

There's no topic about Vortex becausea] No one likes itand b] It works. So for instance it doesn't throw pieces of itself of at people or shutdown because its over-complicated, or have air-leaks etc.I for one love Vortex, its the only one of three rides at Thorpe that I genuinely enjoy.

There's no topic about Vortex becausea] No one likes it

I for one love Vortex, its the only one of three rides at Thorpe that I genuinely enjoy.

Contradiction?Vortex is a good ride, okay, not the greatest, but still preety good. Shame this topic wasn't made in 2001, then it would be popular.Also, (I know it might be a bit off topic) what other two rides do you genuinely enjoy Mark?

I will ride vortex... providing it doesn't have a long queue. I have very mixed views on vortex, sometimes I come of thinking- great ride! Made my day. Other times I come of thinking- what a waste of time. I guess thats down to my seat and whether I get the top swing or not. I personally prefer Rush :P But yeah if the queues not too long and I'm by it I'll happily ride vortex.

• 5 months later...

I love Vortex, 1 of the best rides at the park.When I go on it, I don't even hold on to the bar, I just wave my arms in the air and enjoy it while it lasts. I love the feeling it gives you throughout and when you get off at the end you always feel a certain rush as if to say you have to go back on right this second

Vortex is great when you get top swing, but as others have said, when you get stuck at the bottom it's feels like you've wasted your time queuing.I'll always go on it at Thorpe during a day, but my love for Vortex changes with each ride :ninja:I don't understand why it was designed so that it is possible to get top swings throughout and likewise, bottom swings, surely that's a tad silly?Tornado at Hayling is a lot better as it changes from slow to fast turns, meaning you always get several top swings.

Vortex is great when you get top swing, but as others have said, when you get stuck at the bottom it's feels like you've wasted your time queuing.

This is exactly the reason why I adore Rush so much more! But don't get me wrong, I do love Vortex most of the time and I think its a fantastic attraction.

When the seats spin on Vortex, is that just momentum or is that actually controlled by a motor?Because if it is just momentum, the rides are likely to be different every time. However, if it's controlled by a motor, then yes, the amount of high and low swings would be equal.

I love vortex and I think its probably the best ride there if you take away all the coastersI just like the fact it goes quiet high and spins u at the same time :DI think its better than maelstorm at drayton manor aswell I also love it cos its the first ride I ever went on at thorpe park as a wee little boy :ninja: