Vortex

Lewie900

Advice: Get as close to the gate/fence as you can, in the despatch area.

Thanks, I will. Talking of the despatch area for Vortex, that's another thing I hate. I know there isn't really another easy way of doing it, but I don't like the way that if you are one of the last to get put into the area, you find it hard getting a seat with your friends or the group you are with. I always seem to be one of the last to get in.

I love Vortex! On Saturday we rode twice without stopping and I swear it was on a higher setting! Does anybody know if Vortex has different settings? We had a top swing as well. The only down side was it broke down and we had to wait until it came to a stop which took about 10 Min's! We felt so ill.

One thing I've always wondered about Vortex, why does the floor move before the ride starts?

The floor lowers so to prevent the bottoms of the seats/riders legs from crashing into the floor. Next time you stand in the queue try to see how the bottom parts of the pendulum do actually dip beneath the level of the lowering floor.

I love Vortex! On Saturday we rode twice without stopping and I swear it was on a higher setting! Does anybody know if Vortex has different settings? We had a top swing as well. The only down side was it broke down and we had to wait until it came to a stop which took about 10 Min's! We felt so ill.

Vortex doesn't have different settings. The ride operator starts the ride, and then stops it when appropriate. There are no specific settings, such as on Samurai for example.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Although, I could have sworn it was much higher than the other 6 times I had been on it. Weird.

Did you get top swing that time? That could be why it seemed higher.As for the speed, there is no settings for the ride, the only thing that affects the speed is temperature, but it's normally: when it's cold or first thing in the morning, the motors and stuff are still "warming up" so it takes longer to get going, therefore giving a longer ride. You can see from watching how slow it is, it's painful to watch sometimes! But I don't think a hot day would speed it up...and it hasn't been hort recently anyway so I'm confused as well :)I swear rides have minds of their own :P

Even on a top swing I can't enjoy Vortex. I can't feel much airtime due to the big clumpy restraints which stop you from lifting out of your seat. I also find it very sickening, I think it's because you face inwards or something because I don't feel the same on Maelstrom. (I love Maelstrom lots.)