Vortex

Lewie900

It depends really, its a hell of a different ride between getting top swing, which I find very intense and one of the more forceful rides on park, compared to bottom swing which is unfortunately pretty tame and dull imo. I wouldnt say its anything like Samurai, its not a particularly sickly sensation either top or bottom swing.

This is one of the only rides in the park that I'm not too sure if I want to go on. I know that Samurai would make me sick but I'm not sure if this would or not. I'll probably give it a try as I have read some very positive reviews of this one. :unsure:

Don't worry too much, it looks worse than it is, trust me! Give it a try. :PI find it's more intense if I go on it first, so if you do give it a go, maybe do some other intense rides first. And don't eat or drink before going on this! Or you WILL feel sick! I drank a can of Relentless before this once, and I could feel it sloshing around in my stomach! :) Eurgh not good!

No! Maybe the music isn't working at the moment? I remember Fright Nights in 08 it was a bit dodgy, as in you had to press the button loads of times until the music started playing.Maybe it's now gone completely?Because the mic was working fine, so it's not the whole PA system, just something to do with the audio link or the buttons I guess.Or, it may have just been the operator, sometimes they're like that, they don't bother with the music, no idea why cos it's not really much effort pushing some extra buttons, it makes it more fun! But I doubt this was the case, seeing as the day before was music-less as well apparently.Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, it was pretty dull tbh and yes, you could even hear it squeaking! Sounded like a squeaky swing in a playground! Needs some oil ^_^But the paint job is lovely ^_^

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed the legend Michael.On my last two visits I have noticed him working on Vortex in his very unique way :o Was just wondering if anyone knew him, if he's part of TPM or even if anyone else notices his antics while loading the ride :o

I just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed the legend Michael.On my last two visits I have noticed him working on Vortex in his very unique way :o Was just wondering if anyone knew him, if he's part of TPM or even if anyone else notices his antics while loading the ride :o

Was he telling everyone to scream?And you need to be a bit more specific, since there's at least 2 Michaels that work in that area that I know and have worked with... So more details! :o

Haha :o He's a slight built lad, was wearing his aviator sunglasses this weekend and shouting at everyone to scream :o He's been working on Vortex the last two times I have visited and to match his unique personality has a unique way of checking the bars then dramatically falling to the floor after :o Great stuff, me and the lads had a photo taken with him on the last ride of the day.

Haha :o He's a slight built lad, was wearing his aviator sunglasses this weekend and shouting at everyone to scream :o He's been working on Vortex the last two times I have visited and to match his unique personality has a unique way of checking the bars then dramatically falling to the floor after :o Great stuff, me and the lads had a photo taken with him on the last ride of the day.

Yep, that's Michael... Old Area 1 and 2 person at Chessie...He's having fun working at Thorpe this year... Spoke to him t'other day in fact... I need to see him working there sometime soon just to be reminded of the good days of Chessie :o