Vortex

Lewie900

ah fair enough... it is really odd how it decides to run!

That's what I thought, it can be such a good ride but can be not so good as well. Oh well, it's been running really well recently which is great, and hopefully it can carry on throughout the season.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just want to throw it out there that I rode La Revolucion at Knotts Berry Farm a few weeks back, and the cycle and swing heights seemed to be pretty much identical to how Vortex was when I went on with Han last week. So I don't think it's just Vortex that has issues, I think it seems to be quite a common thing amongst the theme park ones.

This kind of shows it the best but it's been put into slow-mo. But it shows how there's no actual heigh difference...

Agree with others about Vortex's current state. On Saturday, Vortex was taking a while to start swinging and when it did, it only just reached the 90 degrees point. The judder was still there too when it started to swing.

Something still doesn't add up though. Why is it that Vortex was swinging very low and had the judder at the very beginning of this season on Annual Pass day, then from late March to early May (roughly) it was performing perfectly with full beyond-90 degree swings with no judder present at all? It might be an age problem, but I know Vortex is currently capable of performing better than this.

• 3 months later...

Vortex is still going unbelievably well and as it reached maximum height so quick regardless of where you sit you will get some time at the top!

Was on the ride waiting and the ride ops were actually hilarious... He sat down next to someone and said to the one in the booth that he's not riding but he's doing guest interaction and said welcome to this meeting today, so next to me is like jenny and she's an alcoholic... Was so funny and just made a change from just normal operations.

Vortex is still going unbelievably well and as it reached maximum height so quick regardless of where you sit you will get some time at the top!

Was on the ride waiting and the ride ops were actually hilarious... He sat down next to someone and said to the one in the booth that he's not riding but he's doing guest interaction and said welcome to this meeting today, so next to me is like jenny and she's an alcoholic... Was so funny and just made a change from just normal operations.

Yes, thats fantastic guest interaction... implying that your paying customers are alcoholics.......

Good to hear it's running great again, will ride it on Saturday. 

A couple of times I've been this year there have been great ops and hosts on this ride, one of them was singing down the pa

Lol ive heard ride hosts make far worse jokes than that. The ride hosts know that thorpe is a park which mainly adults and teenagers go to so they would understand the joke and find it funny. Now lets get back on topic about Vortex!!

Vortex has been running pretty well this season! Each of My three trips to the park vortex has been working and been working well! Let's hope this continues for the rest of the year :D

True, and there's nothing wrong with being sensitive, but that's ridiculous tbh.

It's banter. They didn't call a guest "mentally disabled" or anything. I really don't see how it's offensive.

What if that person was actually an Alcoholic, I don't think they would find it very funny then.

Anyway I'm not entertaining this anymore.

• 5 months later...