Vortex

Lewie900

Well now it's just not worth going then is it?

Don't know if this was aimed at me, or a joke or whatever. The fact Vortex is closed hasn't put me off visiting at all, I just thought that it was worth mentioning that it won't be available for at the least the first few nights of Fright Nights.

Vortex although really shaky and jolty has been getting some serious height on it this year. during the hour where only hotel guests could ride it ran beautifully (despite the shaking) it went full height every time! Really hope it's open for fright nights! 

Agreed, it has run very well this season. Also, all scaffolding has been removed now.

12115866_916143841773466_708895198009526

(Image from UK theme parks)

Hopefully it'll open this weekend!

And having now been on it myself... I can happily say it doesn't jolt and reached a great height easily, so was probably an issue with the motor and possibly replacing it?

Something worth noting, when it went down for quite a while this year before it reopened and still juddered but the ride cycle seemed longer... Well this time the ride cycle seems short like before.

• 4 months later...

What surprises me is seeing the complete range of experience Vortex appears to give particularly when the ride gets "weaker" and doesn't reach a high swing height. Is it really plausible to think it's parts/motors wear out so quick as to require as much maintenance as we believe or it's mostly operator settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What surprises me is seeing the complete range of experience Vortex appears to give particularly when the ride gets "weaker" and doesn't reach a high swing height. Is it really plausible to think it's parts/motors wear out so quick as to require as much maintenance as we believe or it's mostly operator settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the operator has no control at all, they click a start button and the computer does the rest.