Lewie900

Vortex

27 minutes ago, AstroSquish said:

Dammit, Now I want to go to thorpe park to see if Vortex judders or not. I've never noticed it in the last 3 times ive been this season. 

I would just wait until fright nites when Thorpe have sorted their reliability out.

Vortex has been closed in pre-caution after a similar ride by KMG in California broke apart mid-cycle killing 1 and injuring 7.

At first, I thought that perhaps the cause was the floor rising during the ride and the arm striking the floor but apparently it had just come apart by itself.

This would be more shocking if it was indeed not a malfunction but a lack maintenance and poor state inspection standards. Either way, Thorpe are not taking any chances with these disasters lately which is reassuring to see.

58 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

Vortex has been closed in pre-caution after a similar ride by KMG in California broke apart mid-cycle killing 1 and injuring 7.

At first, I thought that perhaps the cause was the floor rising during the ride and the arm striking the floor but apparently it had just come apart by itself.

This would be more shocking if it was indeed not a malfunction but a lack maintenance and poor state inspection standards. Either way, Thorpe are not taking any chances with these disasters lately which is reassuring to see.

Vortex has been open the last 4 days 

Yes, I believe it only closed last Thursday but has since reopened after receiving endorsement from KMG and the HSE. Thankfully it's not an affected model but several others remain shut around the UK.