Vortex

Lewie900

• 3 months later...

So another to add to the list of rides that broke down today that I did'nt see. Wasn't a reliable day at all.

This has happened with me on the ride too, must say at first it was awesome but then it got a bit much for most. Did add an entertainment factor to the ride though, and ever since the cycle has seemed insanely short!

So another to add to the list of rides that broke down today that I did'nt see. Wasn't a reliable day at all.

This has happened with me on the ride too, must say at first it was awesome but then it got a bit much for most. Did add an entertainment factor to the ride though, and ever since the cycle has seemed insanely short!

That's thorpe for you these days; last time I visited slammer broke, stealth broke, swarm broke, nemesis inferno broke, loggers leap broke, detonator broke and saw broke

More to the point though, thorpes older rides are the real suckers for breaking, I think thorpe should really consider replacing a couple of the flats like vortex and samurai. They are run really poorly these days and they are forever breaking down. I can't see anything better to do than replace them!

Let's just hope in two weeks time that all the rides are open for me ;)

In all of my visits this season, reliability has been very good - I didn't see many, if any, breakdowns, and the main reasons for ride closures was the weather.

It's a shame that there were many breakdowns yesterday, but at least situations like that are becoming rarer (compared to a few seasons ago, where it was a miracle if all the rides were open on one day...)

That's thorpe for you these days

Let's just hope in two weeks time that all the rides are open for me ;)

I disagree with you actually. Three or four years ago I'd have agreed but last couple of years for me except slammer and the odd few short shutdowns, rides have been pretty reliable.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know why Vortex is currently in the sick bay? It looks like they were working on it all day running cables or something.

No, but when I last went on it (about 2 weeks ago) it was a bad experience. It didn't seem to turn much and it was juddering at the start majorly and then most of the way through.

• 4 weeks later...

Vortex is not that exciting but a ride operator can certainly change that. That's why I'm saying thanks to Steve for a great ride this evening :D

Music, atmosphere and your interaction with me and the guests was brilliant. I was really happy to be there :)

Sounds good, I hope to enjoy this tomorrow.

What other rides were open later?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for double post!

I would like to say how fantastic the setting on vortex was yesterday. We waited about 30 mins but later on in the day the whole of the queueline(including extended) was full and it looked about a 60 minute wait if not longer. The setting was fantastic though and seemed to go on for much longer than usual with faster spinning and more high swings. Was great though despite the long wait!

• 3 weeks later...

just thought I would mention it and see if anyone has the same views... I've been 4 times this year to thorpe and have done vortex at least once every time, and found on the latter 2 visits (beginning of august and last week), that vortex seems to be struggling to get the heihgt and does an awful lot of juddering - so basically doesn't go as high as it did on my first couple of visits, and just isn't a good ride anymore.

the park was empty and there wasn't even a full set of people for the next ride, and still experienced the shortest rides I had on it... went on it three times last week.

anyone else?

I really enjoyed it this year for some reason, have personally never highly rated it either, but on my first 2 visits found it great... now, since it's not running properly it's just terrible :/

EDIT: I read the info plaque on one of the legs on the ride, and swear it read max angle: 120 degrees... on my last visit it struggled to reach a 90 degree angle - c'mon vortex!