Jobs..

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Well once again I'm unemployed.......woot not.I have to say though I've been quite lucky since my redundancy in November from the accountants (boring job so blessing in disguise) I managed to go straight into a temp job at a gas company and then 2 months later got a permenant job as an administrator at one of the FTSE 100 companies. However sadly last Friday they said they were gonna terminate my contract - it was a shock as they were saying how good my work was and how the team performance figures have improved because of it but alas I was taken away from the building.Annoying as I really liked that job and alli want is a job that'll keep me going for 3-6 years whilst I'm training to be a Primary school teacher part time. All is hopeful though as I've already got an interview bagged up at this media company that does music for topshop/ topman and associated companies.Annoying recession - (they say we're out of it but we won;t feel it for another year)

I'm glad to know that Legoland dont "have the time" to inform theyre staff when they've been employed. They decided to wait for me to call them, nice.Well, at least they actually did sort me out in the end, despite the fact it is one of two jobs I said I would NEVER want to do. At this point I'm not fussed as I need monies.Carts & Stands, come buy your lunch from me. :lol:

I have an interview at The London Dungeons on Tuesday! :PI'm applying for the position of Communications Co-ordinator, an important role that keeps the attraction running smoothly! No Pressure! :P Although I do have a secure job at Legoland, if this interview goes well and I'm offered a job, I will be leaving Lego! :P

• 1 month later...

I may have got myself some voluntary work :PI've been meaning to get in touch with the Cats Protection League for ages, then I put it off cos of Poppy being put down (for obvious reasons!).I phoned my local branch earlier today and the lady said they were in touch with the Horsham branch,and they need admin/someone to help with their website. Perfect! 1) I get to help them out, 2) I have a knack computers/IT and I enjoy it. They'll call me back within a week or so, hopefully it'll be a yes. The lady goes "We just need someone who isn't afraid of computers, a lot of people are these days!" :PPlus I'm definitely going to contact the National Centre in Chelwood Gate, as I found out it is easier to get to via public transport than I thought, only a 5-10 minute bus from Haywards Heath station, I thought it would be miles away! Hopefully they still need cat-cuddlers :P :P

• 2 weeks later...

Woop!And to follow on from my last post...I am now a Cat Cuddler at the National Cat Adoption Centre in Chelwood Gate! ;) I love it, and it's perfect: it's not too quiet but not too busy; the staff/volunteers are lovely but I don't have to be chatty and stuff because you don't spend a great deal of time with them - but I spend enough to gradually get to know them, at a comfortable level; it's something I've always been passionate and knowledgable about, which gives me confidence; I can come and go when I want, so no pressure (although this is more of a bonus rather than something that helps me personally - I'd go every day if I had the money). And yes, I spend the time there stroking, cuddling and making a fuss of the lovely cats. :(If I want I can help out more, which I will definitely ask about next time I go. They also have Cat Care Assistants, which are paid jobs, but I don't think they have anything going at the moment. But to be honest, I love what I'm doing, it makes me happy...so I'm not worrying and thinking "Oh I'm not earning money" because I'm happy enough. ;) I don't really consider myself unemployed anymore either, in a way. I'm doing something so I feel better about myself.And voluntary work like this is often how people start a career working with animals, which is something I'd love to do. ;)

Woop!And to follow on from my last post...I am now a Cat Cuddler at the National Cat Adoption Centre in Chelwood Gate! ;) I love it, and it's perfect: it's not too quiet but not too busy; the staff/volunteers are lovely but I don't have to be chatty and stuff because you don't spend a great deal of time with them - but I spend enough to gradually get to know them, at a comfortable level; it's something I've always been passionate and knowledgable about, which gives me confidence; I can come and go when I want, so no pressure (although this is more of a bonus rather than something that helps me personally - I'd go every day if I had the money). And yes, I spend the time there stroking, cuddling and making a fuss of the lovely cats. :(If I want I can help out more, which I will definitely ask about next time I go. They also have Cat Care Assistants, which are paid jobs, but I don't think they have anything going at the moment. But to be honest, I love what I'm doing, it makes me happy...so I'm not worrying and thinking "Oh I'm not earning money" because I'm happy enough. ;) I don't really consider myself unemployed anymore either, in a way. I'm doing something so I feel better about myself.And voluntary work like this is often how people start a career working with animals, which is something I'd love to do. ;)

It also looks awesome on your CV when you do voluntary work. I'm so jealous you get to do that >.< there's a couple of cat re-homing centres in Bristol but they're too far away for me to go on a regular basis. (N)