Television

Sheepie

• 2 weeks later...

The Big Bang theory never fails to make me laugh. I'm also becoming quite a fan of 'How I met your mother' and 'Scrubs'. I have a soft spot for American sitcom/cheesy comedies. I've also just got into 'Gavin and Stacey'. A few years behind but I still like it non the less :)

On the subject of American sitcom / cheesy comedies, I just watched the first episode of New Girl on 4OD and I'm hooked! I'd been meaning to watch it online ever since seeing it advertised in the US during the summer, but now it's on here I've finally got around to it and it's hilarious. Zooey Deschanel's character Jess is so weird and quirky, as has been said in the papers in the run-up to it's premiere yesterday she's just an inch shy of being the most annoying person ever, but it's written so cleverly that she stays right on the edge of funny and cute and never goes over into 'really bloody annoying' territory. Looking forward to the next episode!

I quite want to watch that as well. Hopefully I will keep watching it though, unlike that other show Wilfred...Tracy Beaker is also a quality show. I'm watching the first episode now and I love it. It brings back old memories and now I'm a bit older, I can appreciate the characters a bit more. Defiantly one of my favorite shows and I'm not afraid to admit it :P

Glad to see I am not the only who ends up watching Tracey Beaker Returns. That's the problem/great thing about iPlayer as you can watch shameless kids tv without having to be embarrassed.Got a sense of deja vu last night watching Casualty. I stopped watching it a few years ago but then was tempted back last night by people's facebook statuses. I was sure we were going to have one of the staff die with the chemical gas, just like when they killed Woody off a few years ago in a car crash in a tunnel.In the middle of watching old school Grey's Anatomy. Definitely better than doing my university work.And new Sherlock tonight which makes me very very excited. May have to fight with my mother for the remote as she will want to watch Dancing on Ice.

After screwing up F1 and dropping Shooting Stars the BBC are pushing me over the edge: cancelling Something For The Weekend. It is perfect hangover TV, and I even enjoy it fully sober.Join this, and make no difference whatsoever because they don't listen anyway https://www.facebook.com/SaveSFTW

SFTW is one of those shows that, for some reason, I just like. I don't know what it is, but I find myself every Sunday watching it and enjoying it. One of the few times I'm actually prepared to join one of these pointless Facebook groups tbh..

Mark, you don't even need to be hungover! It's wonderfully stupid television at it's best, no matter how you feel!

Ooh I know. If I was hungover it would make me feel better though. Our version just has nothing on the Americans though. Ours has started going in that direction with the Sky-Lift, Grannies house and the ejector seat.. but they've had it for years. Wonder if I can find any examples..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So The Voice..

Loved how each round of the battles was exactly the same

Couple sing

Danny goes "they were both amazing, I'd choose one of them"

Will.I.Am says "they were both like woah, I couldn't choose between them"

Then Reggie says "I'd hate to be the one to make this decision but its now time to decide"

And then Tom says "it's hard to choose between either of you but I'm going with Kelly"

And then Jessie Jay pulls a face like

Posted Image

Reapet 20 times ad nauseum.

• 1 month later...

This may be blindingly obvious to someone who knows how this magic works, but I have no clue. Is it possible to grab a couple of seconds clip from a program on iplayer and save it?

I'm guessing they do something to try and stop people copying stuff, but it appears on you tube anyway so there must be a way? It's only a couple of seconds I want.

• 1 month later...