Television

Sheepie

Yes Han! "Such fun!" :D

Me, my mum and brother all say the same as you in that we wouldn't normally find it funny but she is hilarious! Although I've not really seen much of it this series!

Annoys me though when people constantly slag it off when they find crap things funny :ninja: (Yes I know I'm being a hypocrite but whatevs ;) )

Supersize vs Superskinny I've kinda got into recently, although it always makes me hungry when watching :P Some of those fat people in America they show are awful :o I mean it takes a while to become that obese, why does nobody help them (presumably they are unable to control it themselves)?

It makes me feel better about myself too; seeing those skinny people who weigh something like 6 stone and look ill, I don't feel so thin and skanky :P

Not seen Junior Doctors but loved Bizarre ER :D Like a modern day version of "999" but more graphic and lacking Michael Burke and scary music!

So, American Horror Story Asylum is over... I'll post this in spoiler tags because I know other people may not have finished it yet.

I was so disappointed by the ending, they did not explain the alien abductions at all. This was part of the story line that really interested me, why did the aliens take Alma and Grace, what did they do with them, and why did they come back for Kit? Using the excuse "oh we want the viewers to use their imagination and come up with their own theories" is cheap and lazy in my opinion. Although, I absolutely loved the documentary Lana did of Briarcliff, that whole piece of 'old' footage in the asylum was fantastic and the highlight of the series for me.

Now I'm looking forward to next season, there's been a lot of rumours going around about what the them of it'll be. Some people are saying it'll be witches and based in Salem in the 1930#s which would be interesting. Although Murphy's said that it will be in modern times, and in a range of different cities. He also wants to have the 'romeo and juliet' style of the first season, and for it to be a more funny season.

Yeah mixed feelings on Season 2. It started off so well but there were just too many crazy plotlines for 13 episodes.

The house sort of limited all the insanity in season 1, whereas it was still going on outside the asylum in season and it just got messy. The aliens subplot was so disappointing. Also, so many plots were just dropped. Nazi scientist creating zombies? Santa? Lana and Thredson was an awesome plotline though. Lana's documentary is actually a reference to a real documentary exposing Willbrook School I think.

Credit where credit is due, they do pack the references in.

YWQhU2X.jpg

I want some voodoo in Season 3.

• 2 weeks later...

After people's recommendations of American Horror Story on here - I bought the first season on DVD and OMG I am addicted. Cannot wait for season 2 to finish on TV so it can get on Box set now.

FX why are you taking all the shows grrrr

Season 2 isn't out on DVD until October! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Really been enjoying Penguins - Spy In The Huddle (Mondays 9pm BBC1). It's a 3 part series (final one tomorrow) which follows colonies of emperor penguins, rockhopper penguins and humboldt penguins as they raise their chicks etc. It probably seems like something that's been done before but it's been great to watch and also very amusing! They have cameras designed as different things, including egg can, rock cam, various penguin cams that can walk and even pick themselves up if knocked over (one of them was knocked off a cliff in the last episode! :P ) and even underwater penguin cams. There was a brilliant moment in the last episode where a bird picked up the egg cam thinking it was areal egg, and flew with it grasped in its claws, providing the first ever aerial shot of penguins filmed by a bird :lol:

David Tennant's narration also makes it fun to watch, such as the funny way he describes what's happening, and his accent - the way he says turkey vultures! :P

I want to hug an emperor penguin!

Really really enjoying the current series of Being Human at the moment.

I'm seriously impressed this series. Last series had far too much focus on a central plot line and just didn't deviate from it. This series has done much better, giving a central plot which is slowly developing into something more and more interesting, whilst still having enough substance in each individual episode. Really glad that it doesn't feel like they're milking yet, despite being in its fifth series and having none of the original cast.

Can't wait to see how it develops!

Derek.

I really think it is one of the best things I have seen on TV ever. It has so much truth and feeling and warmth to it, but remaining at its heart an incredibly funny comedy. There is something about it that forces you to invest in the characters, to go with them and believe in them and feel their feelings, but can then smack you round the face with the biggest and most unexpected laugh a moment later. I can't really put into words how perfect it is, or what it is that makes it so perfect.

Watch it.

Embarrassing Bodies. My brother stomped into the lounge earlier while I was watching a repeat, claiming it's repetitive and boring now...

But then...reconstructing a penis after it (and one unfortunate testicle!) was ripped off a man when he was ran over and dragged along when he was 7 years old :o :O Deffo not seen that before :lol: Apologies if that's a tad OTT/graphic or made any guys wince, just saying it how it was described!

On a serious note, it really is amazing what surgeons can do these days! They used part if his arm to reconstruct it! I did laugh when the doc was like "You have a nice big arm" (I'm sure you can work out the rest) :lol: And when after the operation they were like "I bet you can't wait to get home to your wife ;) "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it seems to be passing by a bit unnoticed, but either this is really very funny or I'm just odd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00wwryv/Its_Kevin_Episode_1/

Been four so far and just gets better. I love it, wife hates it. Reminds me a lot of the Paul Merton series from the 90's, that's another one to watch if you get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

let's see:

well, I've just finished watching broadchurch... the new 8 part drama on ITV- which I personally thought lacked storyline, but the end was worth watching

I have also been watching 24 hours in A an E- I love those types of shows.

as for fave shows, well.. I love downton abby. the new series of that (series 4) should be starting later this year

I also like ant and dec's saturday night takeaway, was nice to see that revived after so long (10 years?)

I have sky plus, so what I tend to do is record all my progorammes and watch them in the day... gives me something to do

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I do like some crap TV. Best thing on at the moment has to be Great British Bake Off, addicted.

Then in a couple of weeks it is the excitement of the start of Strictly. Rumoured to be taking part this year are Teri Hatcher, Donna Air, former Gladiator Diane Youdale (better known as Jet), Anneka Rice, Abbey Clancy, Hairy Biker Dave Myers, Rebecca Adlington, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Ben Cohen, Julien Macdonald, Mark Right, Rachel Riley, Corrie’s Natalie Gumede and Vanessa Feltz.

Half of this stuff is usually completely wrong, but ti could be good!

I'm loving a new BBC drama called What Remains. Very atmospheric, wonderful acting and an excellent plot so far. It explores the idea that even when we're more connected than ever by technology and gadgets, we've actually never been more isolated.

It's got David Threlfall (Frank from Channel 4's Shameless), Steven Mackintosh (DCI Reed from Luther) and Russell Tovey (lots of really rather good things including Being Human, Sherlock, Him & Her, Coming Up and The History Boys), as well as some great other talents. Really really enticing stuff. And very clever too. But what I love about it is it's so secretive and the first episode was just entirely setting the premise and learning about the characters' back-stories and turns a simple Whodunnit? becomes something much more frightening and schematic and very psychological.

And also, one episode in and it's already better than Channel 4's utterly bewildering and painfully bleak Southcliffe. So win-win really. Here's a link to the first episode:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b039ftc5/What_Remains_Episode_1/

I do like some crap TV. Best thing on at the moment has to be Great British Bake Off, addicted.

Then in a couple of weeks it is the excitement of the start of Strictly. Rumoured to be taking part this year are Teri Hatcher, Donna Air, former Gladiator Diane Youdale (better known as Jet), Anneka Rice, Abbey Clancy, Hairy Biker Dave Myers, Rebecca Adlington, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Ben Cohen, Julien Macdonald, Mark Right, Rachel Riley, Corrie’s Natalie Gumede and Vanessa Feltz.

Half of this stuff is usually completely wrong, but ti could be good!

My brother literally mentioned this a few moments ago; Vanessa Feltz is the first confirmed contestant :P

I only started watching it when Ann Widdecombe was on it for the lolz, since then I've ended up joining ze mother and brother in the lounge to watch, partly for the comedy aspect :lol: I ended up getting quite into it towards the end last year :ph34r: