Television

Sheepie

• 3 weeks later...

I agree the first episode of American Horror Story: Hotel was fantastic.

Now I might upset a few people with this comment but ever since Gaga was announced for this season I had been dreading it. I am not a fan of media circus around her and her music career. I even thought her casting might ruin the show for me... BUT I have to say based on that first episode and especially her first scene I thought she was great!

Also has anyone seen this week's The Walking Dead? :o

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just finished American Horror Story:Hotel and it's definitely one of my favourite seasons. Took on a much more sophisticated yet dark turn compared to the last 2 which I really enjoyed! I hope that for the next one Gaga makes another appearance as she really threw herself out there. I'm excited to see what next seasons theme is now...

(Also Scream Queens is amazing. Emma Roberts is an evil queen)

I could do with some suggestions for what to watch - haven't bothered with any of the soaps for almost 2 years (did catch one episode of Eastenders once at my sisters and there were 2 funerals in it - depressing to say the least).

I have Netflix but can't seem to find anything interesting on there at the moment, or I may not be trying very hard :wacko:

As for AHS - I was really disappointed with Hotel - I loved the murder house and asylum - coven was ok and freak show wasn't too bad.  I possibly didn't give it much of a chance - watched the first episode and thought "this is a bit odd" but hey - this is AHS. that's kinda to be expected but the next episode I couldn't focus on.  Think I need something to watch that doesn't require a great deal of concentration :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I have a slight addiction to the show '24'. I've finished 3 seasons in just over a month and I am nearly half way through season 4. It's so addictive! There's so many twists and turns and the stories of each season get better and better as each episode progresses. Not to mention the cliff hangers; many a time have a shouted at my TV in shock at what has just happened, and I find myself watching episode after episode because of these moments :)

To continue on Cians post, Dexter is a very good show. I've only watched 3 episodes but I can see myself getting very into it! It is very dark however; not for for the faint of heart for sure!

Currently enjoying:

Lucifer (Amazon) - A bit cheesy at times, but very enjoyable

I want my wife back (BBC1) - middle of the road but funny comedy

Flowers (C4) - proper weird but funny comedy

Marcella - (ITV) - very annoyingly procedurally inaccurate police drama, but still quite gripping

Gardeners World (BBC2) - when I grow up I want to be Monty Don

22 hours ago, cianjs said:

Has anyone here watched Dexter? I've been watching it for the last week and I'm now halfway through series 2 and I'm 100% hooked. A week without it and I feel like a junkie in need of a fix. What's everyone else's opinion on Dexter? I think anyone into crime shows + black comedy should give it a watch :D 

You will love it until the very last episode.

Great TV though.

Also: 60 days in jail or something like that....

18 minutes ago, cianjs said:

Is it really good? My friend's have been begging me to watch it 

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's wonderful, Rose McIver as Liv makes my heart flutter! The genre of it and the way it's filmed is a bit odd in the first episode but as soon as you get used to it you'll binge watch it unti there is no more left to binge watch </3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been watching the TV show 'The Exorcist' recently, and I have to say it's better than I thought it would be. Despite it being linked to the infamous novel and movie, it feels very different and it brings a brand new, contemporary storyline. 

It does have some similarities of course. It has some headspins, vomit, spooky attics, and the spine-tingling Tubular Bells has been played (still hate music, in a good way of course!)

I've only seen two episodes as of yet, but I'm desperate to see more. Would definitely recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

My family are self confessed quiz nerds. We watch University Challenge and Only Connect every Monday. 

For years I have been waiting for a roller coaster question In either of these shows and yesterday was the day - on Only Connect there was a roller coaster question. They genuinely had a roller coaster question. I practically jumped off my sofa with excitement at seeing 'The Swarm' and 'Nemesis' written on my sh*tty Panasonic TV. 

I don't know why but I get really excited at seeing Roller Coasters in the media (only for positive reasons). I think so many people see roller coasters as just big funfair rides and take them for granted. So when I see a mention of them it'd almost as if people are recognising it as a serious industry.

I'm a simple soul but even so, this made me rather happy.

Most drama the BBC does, even the popular stuff, always feels like film students with some good ideas but a bit too naive and self indulgent. Either that or so woefully poe-faced and watered down. But The Missing is masterful, clever, better than the nihilistic first series and some of its simplest scenes have genuine blown me away.