MTDP

MikeC

Hi guys.I just made a simple error a couple of days ago. And I fixed it pronto. I go away for a couple of days and come back to find people bickering over what I said. Mad.And to quote Mark9: I'd rather have some misguided posts then the bitching that comes from your posts.He's right. We all bicker here instead of advising others and pointing them in the right direction. It all build up and looks what happens.Oh right, OK. Have you seen some of your ideas? Like your idea to put an eating area in Fungle's old space, right opposite the Barbecue and grill? Best idea of the year, that.

That's one mistake I made, yeah quite a big mistake actually, very "noobish" of me. But there are many mistakes of yours I can find, many many mistakes. People here have tried to point you in the right direction, but five minutes later you come back with an even stupider post.I think that Thorpe will put a small flat in that area, hopefully something mad and very thrilling. I'm hoping for something that is new and unique to Thorpe Park.

Although I am not an admin or anything, I'm preety sure everyone is sick of all this arguing so can it just stop. Please.As for the MTDP and future, etc. I've been doing some thinking and I'd say that something like AT's Project Giant Gurgle would fit in nicely to OG / Ranger's County. You could just imagine it... a roller coaster for babies. "Start their Thill Seeker-ness by putting your baby on a roller coaster." <_<

Can both of you shut up?!!! You're as bad as each other. He did this blah blah blah....He did that wah wah wah LOL.Get over it!Colossus and SAW are very close to each other. Having Colosus/SAW to N:I is perfect distance - even a bit far. Having a coaster on MHFS is do-able since it can extend to the Carosel and Arena like Neil said. I don't think we'll see a coaster on the MHFS space but if anything something like a Rattlesnake (Wild Mouse) - which Neilfever (An expert) said is very possible and Ranger Country might possibly be removed or relocated in the future.I would like to see a Spinner or Wild Mouse even though it will have a 800-ish thoroughput and it can be very nicely be spread out like Dragon's Fury. Despite them having high thoroughputs every ride/coaster has long queues so it doesn't make the slightest difference. We won't see a dark-interactive ride like Tomb Blaster because it's soo CWoA's thing and if not a coaster...a nice Disk'O (Miragica's one).

I would like to see a Spinner or Wild Mouse even though it will have a 800-ish thoroughput and it can be very nicely be spread out like Dragon's Fury. Despite them having high thoroughputs every ride/coaster has long queues so it doesn't make the slightest difference. We won't see a dark-interactive ride like Tomb Blaster because it's soo CWoA's thing and if not a coaster...a nice Disk'O (Miragica's one).

God, as I have said time and time again..SPINNERS ARE NOT A GOOD CHOICE FOR A MAJOR THEME PARK."Every ride has long queues so it doesn't make the slighest bit of difference"Dude, thats so misguided. You don't add a low capacity ride just because it will get an hour queue anyway. You try and add a ride that can eat queues as fast as possible so that people are getting on more things in their day, not just queueing for everything.Spinners also, do not get 800 throughput. Believe me when I say Fury, Spinball and all the rest would not have hour long queues every sodding day if they could get 800 people an hour.

Where did you get this information from?

As I stated I am unable to say what I have heard as I was informed by someone employed by Merlin. If what the person said is true then it is likely to be next year and will be a flat ride but will not be anything like Duel or Tomb Blaster.

Skunky's earlier post.

Right guys just to clear things up. As said before can everyone please stop with the constant arguing between eachother on the forums. At the moment everyone is jumping on the band wagon as soon as ThemeParkBloke says something. Everyone is allowed their own opinions and if it does not stop soon I am sure the admin will ban all involved.Also to clear up the whole coaster/flat debate. Although I did say it will be a flat please remember that this is just something I have been told it is in no way 100% accurate or guarenteed. For all we know there could be a new coaster going in Fungle's space within the next 2-3 years. I think the space is more suited to a flat ride rather than a new coaster.So can we all stop with the arguing and slagging off other members this is one reason that alot of people leave the forum and do not attend the meets. As you can see Mark9 has already posted on here and has stated he is annoyed so I am sure the next person to jump onto having an arguement or slagging off someone wether it is ThemeParkBloke or anyone is likely to get a warn or even banned.

What kinda of rides could Thorpe install that will eat away these queues?My usual idea of a Huss Jump 2 is because it has a big thoroughput that it will eat away its queues. It has 6 arms each holding 8 people (48) and according to HUSS, does 1000 (est.) per go and even though it is a massive ride (Twice as big as Rush), it will eat queues away.It is a suitable ride for Thorpe as it will provide an experience that only one park has ever done (Google Sledgehammer @ Paramount Canada's Wonderland) and it will be 1st for Europe and a 1st outside US. However...I would personally like to see a Mega Disk'O Coaster in it's place which also gives 1000 (est.) thoroughput or a Huss Rotoshake (650est.).

My usual idea of a Huss Jump 2 is because it has a big thoroughput that it will eat away its queues. It has 6 arms each holding 8 people (48) and according to HUSS, does 1000 (est.) per go and even though it is a massive ride (Twice as big as Rush), it will eat queues away.It is a suitable ride for Thorpe as it will provide an experience that only one park has ever done (Google Sledgehammer @ Paramount Canada's Wonderland) and it will be 1st for Europe and a 1st outside US.

Sounding remarkably similar to Slammer there and thats been a pretty bad investment in my eyes.They really should stick to the tried and tested stuff IMO.

Personally, IMO, perhaps they wont bother putting anything there, and will just fill it with trees or something. A Huss Jump 2 is just not going to happen, its too big, way to big, especially if it's twice the size of Rush, and Rush is big. It seems logical to keep it empty. Otherwise it would just be too crowded. The thing I liked about Fungle was that it was secluded and in a sense hidden with all the trees. It was quiet, and unnoticeable. Which meant you couldn't really tell it was there, if you see what I mean.They could if they wanted to extend The Asylum, making it much more worth the 4 1/2 hour queue. Just a thought though.

A Huss Jump 2 I believe, an idea thrown around a few years back for an area around Stealth, but they are mighty ugly and there are a lot more unique rides I'd like the park to consider. Remember, it's not just a case of finding the scariest flat ride to dump into a certain space. A lot is considered before hand.The Giant Frisbee, also from Huss is something that recently, was also an idea I had caught wind of at the park. Although I believe the capacity is only of 500 and with the obvious flaws of being another swing ride, again, I'm hoping for something a little more unique.

If they were going to have a Frisbee, they should get rid of Vortex. To me...they look the same apart from the height and the height that you are swung at. I didn't say I wanted the Jump in MHFS but in a new area.Neil: You mentioned that there are more unique rides. Like what? I don't know that's why I'm asking :o

What about the latest innovation from our good old friends who bought us Zodiac - Huss?HUSS KING KONGThe gondola is designed for up to 24 passengers with a maximum height of 12,5 m (41 ft.) and a footprint of 10 m x 11,5 m (33 ft. x 38 ft.). The ride is actuated by a hydraulic system. The passengers will enter the gondola on the floor and then the KING KONG will start to prop up and lift the gondola at the same time. When the figure stands upright he will start to shake the gondola slowly. After a while the gondola will be directly in front of the head of our KING KONG and our special effects starts with sound, mist and shining eyes.If you ask me, it seems a logical option, (even though I hate the idea of this ride) because it comes readily themed for Calypso Quay, has a relatively small footprint, and is suitable for younger thrill seekers.Advantages:Small footprintSomething for the younger visitorsUnique'Heavily' Themed, ready for Calypso QuayLooks the partAdds much needed atmosphereDisadvantages:Tragically low throughput - just 480 pph

I read it was 600 pph ;) It looks cool though - I think it would be a great addition to Thorpe Park

I completely agree. I love the theming of it. I think it would really add some much needed atmosphere to Calypso Quay. Also, like you say, it is a nice break from extreme thrills.