MTDP

MikeC

I disagree. A flyer, while it can be forceful (especially pretzel loops I've heard), it doesn't (in my opinion) suit Thorpe's target market. Plus, considering AT already have a flyer and there are so many other choices available, do we really want Thorpe to be coping AT to become a mini-AT?

That's fair enough if it doesn't really suit Thorpe in your opinion, but it's more of what the customer wants, and what Thorpe think would fit in well. We're all looking to try new types of rides. With a sky swatter, an air-powered swing, a 205ft high launch coaster, a 100ft drop tower, the world's first 10 looping coaster Europe's wettest water ride, these aren't exactly your everyday rides at a theme park. Thorpe have a lot of "some things different", and to put a flyer in would not only top it off, but I am certain it would make the place more popular.

That's fair enough if it doesn't really suit Thorpe in your opinion, but it's more of what the customer wants, and what Thorpe think would fit in well. We're all looking to try new types of rides. With a sky swatter, an air-powered swing, a 205ft high launch coaster, a 100ft drop tower, the world's first 10 looping coaster Europe's wettest water ride, these aren't exactly your everyday rides at a theme park. Thorpe have a lot of "some things different", and to put a flyer in would not only top it off, but I am certain it would make the place more popular.

I don't know why everyoens so desperate for a flyer at Thorpe park people already moan about thorpe and say it copies alton so thats all a flyer would do for the park in my opinion, I think they shoudl invest there money into something no UK park has yet like a floorless a ride like that would sure birng in crowds as there are no others in the uks as far as I'm aware?

again people copying other coasters which I find annoying because people maon oooh thorpe park copies other themeparks well then why say you want a ride just like one at another theme parkthey already have the grand national in blackpool pleasure beach so what about something different like a dueling floorless or flyer?

That's a valid point yes. However, with better technology nowadays, the public are more accustomed to seeing steel coasters, so no matter what type it is, the public would see at as something which is more like the ordinary. A woodie, however, would be something different and something which is less seen, nowadays - by which I mean less are being built, especially in the UK! It is something majorly different!

I understand where you are coming from, but Thorpe seem to always have that 'first' or 'best' element in their rides.X No Way Out - FIRST blackwards coasterColossus - FIRST 10 looping coasterStealth - HIGHEST launch coaster in Europe (also, one with the fastest acceleration?)SAW - FIRST horror-film themed coaster and STEEPEST free-fall drop in the world.Notice the trend? Although not everything is like this at Thorpe, I can very easily see the 2012 coaster to have some sort of 'first' or 'x-est' to them (if you get what I mean).

No, correct. Not everything has to be new but if it is new, it does make it more exciting. It shows that the park is having unique and innovative rides that provide innovative and unique ride experiences.That's what Flamingo Land are doing with Mumbo Jumbo - being innovative and unique... but if it fails like G-Force at Drayton Manor, that's another thing.

Well that makes your point void because Alton already have a flyer :P

Because there ride wouldn't have the exact same theme, you where talkin about a wooden duelling roller coaster using the horse racing theme and thats just taking black pool pleasure beaches ride and enough people moan now and say thorpe park copies other parks rides.

Not everything has to be new in the UK you know, and Blackpool is quite along way from Thorpe,SAW wasn't the first of its kind in the UK, neither was Nemesis Inferno.

I didn't say it had to be but if thorpe really wants to impress and attract custom they should go for something that riders can't find else where otherwise they'll go somewhere else for there rides like some people will think oh nemesis inferno alton towers has that lets go there instead it's closer and aparently better

nemesis inferno alton towers has that

Its actually called Nemesis at Alton.

it's closer and aparently better

Not exactly, not everyone lives in Staffordshire you know :P

you where talkin about a wooden duelling roller coaster using the horse racing theme

Not once did I say anything about a horse racing theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand where you are coming from, but Thorpe seem to always have that 'first' or 'best' element in their rides.X No Way Out - FIRST blackwards coasterColossus - FIRST 10 looping coasterStealth - HIGHEST launch coaster in Europe (also, one with the fastest acceleration?)SAW - FIRST horror-film themed coaster and STEEPEST free-fall drop in the world.Notice the trend? Although not everything is like this at Thorpe, I can very easily see the 2012 coaster to have some sort of 'first' or 'x-est' to them (if you get what I mean).

Nemesis Inferno has the longest pre lift section of any Inverted B&M roller coaster, and it was also the first Inverted B&M Roller coaster to feature interlocking corkscrews on a single track lol.

Nemesis Inferno has the longest pre lift section of any Inverted B&M roller coaster, and it was also the first Inverted B&M Roller coaster to feature interlocking corkscrews on a single track lol.

I was more focusing on ideas that are more appealing to the public as opposed to fans, but yes, that is true.

Or get a superman the escape type ride and make it tallest in UK - they take up little space :(

Thorpe already have the record for tallest in the UK (Stealth) so I doubt they'd want to break their own record (not to mention all the crap that often gets brought up about height restrictions and Stealth being an exception to that). Personally I don't think Thorpe will be looking for speed or height - more, 'unique' features, like Saw having the steepest drop, or X:\NWO being the first in-the-dark backwards coaster, etc. Something they can stick on an advert to make it seem more appealing to the public.

Looks good, although I dunno if new inversions would be mainstream enough for the average Thorpegoer (it's a lot more subtle than OMFGZ 10 LOOPZ! 80MPH!!!!!!!!ONEONE). Also for some reason the idea of music on a ride just makes me cringe (like that Led Zeppelin ride in America). Slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen videos of Bizarro (used to be Medusa) at SF Great Adventure? It had a total revamp with effects like fire. I think that kind of thing is the next step on for Thorpe from the theming we've seen on Saw (as long as Thorpe can keep it all running!)Bizarro video

Thorpe already have the record for tallest in the UK (Stealth) so I doubt they'd want to break their own record (not to mention all the crap that often gets brought up about height restrictions and Stealth being an exception to that).

Stealth is not the tallest in the uk... pepsi max big one isStealth - 205ftPepsi max - 213 ft