MTDP

MikeC

I'm quite intrigued about this practice bob sleigh on the MTDP run just south outside of the property.

I have a freind I go to thorpe park quite often, every time we go he says there going to add a bobsleigh soon. I try to explain that idea was thought up early 2000 when thorpes intentions wernt being the nations thrill capital.

• 3 weeks later...

According to a new planning form submitted for the "creation of flood compensation area 1A on land south of Thorpe Farm and bridge link between existing compensation areas 1 and 1A":http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/home/latest/wklyplanapps/2009/wk50/Plan_lst.htmAccording to the land that they will infill and flood: (Page 2 of plan 2)

• Area B and G have been completed
  • Area A (egg-shaped) has been completed to 50%
  • Area C (first island) has been completed to 90/95%
  • Area D & J (Logger's Leap area) won't be completed
  • Area E has been completed to 20%
  • Area F has been completed to 80% (Saw Maze)
"CE explained that there are a number of projects in the MTDP from 2005-2010 that have been completed within the approval period. The new MTDP 2010-2015/16 will include medium scaled rides AND.....a high impact ride located on areas A and / or C (similiar in height to Stealth)

• 2 weeks later...

The park is so small that every big ride they install will probably look like they're next to eachother.

Yeah true, like when you look from a certain angle stealth, SAW, Inferno and Colossus look like they are all in a diagonal line next to each other. But at least it doesn't spoil the 'experience' or anything :D.

I would imagine there is only a certian amount of islands they could create due to Thorpe Waterski. (For example).

Yeah that's a shame, if those lakes weren't used for water skiing and other stuff then Thorpe Park could be pretty big, almost double the size it is already maybe.

Yeah but isn't the Thorpe Waterski owned by Thorpe and that people hire it, if Thorpe do own it then they can scrap it to make way for the new coaster on the lake.

I am not entirely sure whether THORPE PARK do own it or not. I have always been under the impression they don't. Therefore, unable to reclaim land as easy as they probably would like too.However, by all means feel free to correct me! :D

THORPE can't expand TOO much, on the basis that its in the centre of a flood plain and the hight of the water will depend on how much water is running through the thames, our school field is on a flood plain, and is always flooding in autumn/spring. If they put too much land in the lake it will lead to problems.

• 2 months later...
http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/business/ImpactAssess/site/F5633003_St_Peters_report/Appendix6_MTDP_Plan.pdfHere is what I think to be the new MTDP, I'm not sure if its been posted anywhere else, but basically it highlights:2 new coasters in the tresure island area, a new entrance refurb4or 5 new flat rides with 9 different locations plannedoctopus gardens gone extentions to shops and entrance e.t.cI understand the coaster layouts are only brief plans, but do the new ones both have immelmanns or dive loops?