MTDP

MikeC

so basically we would assume the coasters would be 2012, 2015 and 2018 however we have to remember that plans change like has been said before as saw was supposed to be ready for 2008 and they could always add in a different high capactity ride other than a roller coaster.

Even better! Underneath the fast food restraunt behind Nemesis shop and next to where it says Entertainment Staff Facility, it says "Practice Bobsleigh Run"... :)

Yep it is definately there and is nothing to do with Thorpe Park. I work in a school and have seen it mentioned as Thorpe Park and used in a science video about friction.

so basically we would assume the coasters would be 2012, 2015 and 2018 however we have to remember that plans change like has been said before as saw was supposed to be ready for 2008 and they could always add in a different high capactity ride other than a roller coaster.

SAW was not supposed to be ready for 2008. Nothing was 'supposed' to be ready. The previous MTDP stated they were thinking about an 08 coaster. Even then, everything was probably messed up a bit after the Merlin takeover.

Not nessessarily! Thorpe could add a ride whenever they want they jsut want it spaced out a bit. NI and Colossus had jsut one year difference!

Inferno and Colossus were added when the park was still seen as a 'family park'. Tussuads had clear intentions of where they wanted to take the park, and had the finances to do so. Therefore, they were able to add 2 coasters in 2 years to catapult them with the big guns.

Now I think about it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were only two different coasters on the plan. The 1st coaster could go either in the 1st coaster space or the 3rd. The 2nd is going where it is. So basically one space planned is only an option space.I know it seems a bit complicated but it makes sense to me. I apoligise if it doesn't to you.

Looking at the MTDP and thinking about the areas where some of these flat rides are supposed to go and noticing how Octopus Gardens area is to be removed I am wondering wether the rides from octous gardens could just be placed in some of these spots as some seem to small to house larger flat rides :S

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So just browing through.. it looks like Thorpe are planning on two new rollercoasters and five flat rides. In addition there will also be refurbishments to some of the maintenance areas, extensions to some of the shops and refurbishment of the areaThe nine sites where flats rides are possible are- Three on the new islands- Fungle Safari's old site- Where Wet wet Wet currently stands- Just under Tidal Wave, near the Stealth plaza- Next to Zodiac and Rush were that baguette restraunt is- In front of No Way Out (possibility of NWO going?)- Octopus Garden

The shaping of there basic drawing just to cover the space is just lol.ftp://planning.runnymede.gov.uk/planning_applications/Plan_apps_wk26_2010/RU10-0579.DCELEVXXX.001.pdfAnyway, the noise assesment was done on Inferno and Stealth if that suggests anything like scale/type. So I guess that makes a Beemer a likely choice for one coaster, being that it would have a similar noise impact to Inferno ... if its anything to go by.

Just reading through and already spotted a spelling mistake from thorpe: "Planting of native species within six meters from the water edge at Thorpe Park" Schoolboy error!Either way this has definitely made me more excited about the next 6 years at Thorpe!

Couple of my finds:2012 coaster - no greater than 50m.2015 coaster - no greater than 40m.Coasters will be no no greater than 850m in length In perspective, that would be Colossus' length. Each coaster will have no more than 9 'Vertical loops'.2 elements/loops will be above 30m.The above 30m points have been carefully thought out and are not changeable. The track layout will have to fit around that.2 more maximum 30m coasters after this MTDP.Static height of all flats will not exceed 25m; in motion will not exceed 30m. And on a nice note...3000 new trees are to be planted each winter (closed season).-_-

Outline planning application for Medium Tern Development plan for period 2010 - 2016 for installation of 5 no. round rides (each not to exceed a static height of 25m); up to two roller coasters (one not to exceed a maximum height of 40m and one not to exceed a maximum height of 50m); and buildings (floorspace up to 5,000sqm) and general park improvements including provision of recycling facility, new island bridge links, supplementary car park lighting, upgrade works to the theme park admissions area and re-alignment of developable zone( known as Pink Zone)