MTDP

MikeC

I think I may have to return to this forum, things reeally are looking interesting! I have a few questions that need clearing up though, it's been a long time since I posted here.Q1) Is the coaster we can expect in 2012 definitely going to be built on Area 'C' of the MTDP and be of a height no greater than 50m?Q2) The coaster proposed for 2015 is confirmed as the MTDP claims "Three possible locations for no more than two coasters", but am I right in saying Thorpe have the choice to build it on either Area 'A' or Area 'E', and that Runnymede have already carried out analysis of what the 'High Point' of the 2015 coaster would do to the skyline when viewed from varying viewpoints?Q3) Do the 'proposed images' of the 2010 coaster in the photos, taken from varying angles, only show what the 'High Point' of the coaster will do to the skyline?Q4) Thorpe have nine possible locations for their flat rides, but they are only allowed to choose a maximum of 5? And that all these rides must not exceed 82ft (25m) when not in operation?But an interesting point to note is that if you look carefully - even after the watered down image of 'Elevation Plan 2', you can see that the 2012 coaster has an inversion straight after disembarking the lift hill. The very promising sign of a 4-D coaster. Plus, this was my suggestion all along! I like to think I might've had something to do with this decision. -_-Another thing to note, th track looks like it's going to be inverted, accomodating an A) an inverted coaster, B ) a flying coaster, or C) a 4-D coaster with an inverted coaster-style position when guests are embarking and disembarking, then moving into 4-D coaster position by tipping guests onto their fronts, á la 'Air' because the riders appear to be below the track on the lift hll. Very odd.Of course, this could still be very wrong and severely misguided because as you all know - those photos are not very clear. But I'd still like my questions answered. Danke.Much obliged.

Yay! Mr Hicks is back! :(To respond to your points:1) 2012 coaster will most likely be in Area C, yes. The MTDP has never been wrong with coaster placements in the past. It will be no greater than 50m will be greater than 30m (I;d see it between 40-50m in my opinion). 2) 2015 coaster can be in those 2 locations yes. The MTDP does suggest that for all 3 locations (the 2 for this and the 2012 location) that the high points have been carefully thought out - just as you said. 3) I have no idea what you mean here. Did you mean 2012 coaster by any chance? -_- Not sure where you've got those images from either - which document? :(4) Thorpe are showing the 9 places they'd consider placing flat rides - but they are only planning on building 5. They will not exceed 25m when statis, and not exceed 30m when in operation.All the other stuff) Didn't think of a 4D from that plan. Remember though, it is only a mock up and could be anything. However, I do see a very tight turn and drop from the lift hill.Hope that solves everything for you. :(

For anyone having trouble (or lazy) to go through the PDF’s, here are a few of details from the huge application. It’s a very interesting read and covers it all in great detail. I expect very soon now, that we will see an application go in for next years flat ride and maybe, just maybe the new coaster!!It’s worth pointing out that the coaster drawn here, may not be the planned ride at all, it’s to give an impression of the scale that the park are working with. However, with it’s certainly unique first drop, I’d place money on a B&M 4D coaster, hands down.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks, Neilfever, that's a much more concise and accessible version of what actually is quite a few pages of rubbish with the odd gem of information in there.In regards to my original 'Q3)', the second image you posted, the one with drawn elevation on the park's skyline was the one I was questioning. The drop looks typically 4-D, with the supports looking unmistakeably B&M-esque. I think that drawing is only meant to show the 'High-Point' of the ride and is only there to show what the coaster will do to the sky-line, which is what I was confused about in my Q3), probably doesn't help that I was referring to the 2015 one before I realised it's actually the 2012 coaster, just now. -_-

Thanks for all those images Neil! Looking at the latter of them, that high point has been very well placed.B&M prototype rumour + 4D style mock track = Very promising! -_- My only worry would be the length of the ride not being suited to a 4D; how long is X2 and Eejenkia in length? Perhaps it could be more Zacspin than 4D..?On a slight random note, when was the application for Stealth again? I swear it was August/September; but after a bit of digging, I'm confused now. :S

You say 4D drop that is not. Very few have actually seen what B&M's world first take on the old Arrow/S&S 4D will yet look like. You may yourself of course, be totally right. However, those famous initials are being thrown around an awful lot of late.

^So it's gonna be an Intamin then?I KNEW there was gonna be something wrong with this... -_-In regards to me not thinking it looks like a 4-D drop, it's mainly my thinking of "Holy crap that's gonna hurt"... It starts with excessive hangtime, followed by half a pretzel loop, which after experiencing one on Tatsu a few years ago, is something I don't particularly want to repeat on a regular basis since it tried to rip my legs off... One hopes that the final design resembles at most 0% of that image...Just my two pence really...

Erm... 4-D drop that is not... In fact I see that and instantly see a Mauer Sohne X-Car drop... -_-Though granted because I cannot seem to enlarge the images it's hard for me to actually tell...

If it were Maurer-Sohne, surely Merlin would have submit an image with at least an inclination the lift and drop would look like this:http://rcdb.com/3185.htm?p=15466From the image we have, there is no such structure similar to that we see on (the rather uncomfortable) 'Abismo', and I'm sure if Thorpe wanted planning permission for a Maurer-Sohne X-Car, they'd have to submit an image with similar support-work, they haven't, so that rules out Maurer-Sohne completely. So the only possible manufactueres left are B&M, Intamin, S&S/Arrow, or God forbid, Vekoma, with the fan-favourite being B&M.

If it were Maurer-Sohne, surely Merlin would have submit an image with at least an inclination the lift and drop would look like this:http://rcdb.com/3185.htm?p=15466From the image we have, there is no such structure similar to that we see on (the rather uncomfortable) 'Abismo', and I'm sure if Thorpe wanted planning permission for a Maurer-Sohne X-Car, they'd have to submit an image with similar support-work, they haven't, so that rules out Maurer-Sohne completely. So the only possible manufactueres left are B&M, Intamin, S&S/Arrow, or God forbid, Vekoma, with the fan-favourite being B&M.

Yes, because EVERY X-car ride looks like Abismo... I only said X-car as a joke...

What's made you rule out Mack justbout of interest?Okay, I do think them constructing a 4D is a bit ludicrious. However, they could pyll something out of the bag, muxh like with Blue Fire.

I'm sorry, I'm only just regaining my coaster knowledge after being out of the game for a year or so. And as you said, it would be unlikely I still think it'll be B&M, they've been reliable-ish, comfortable, innovative and are vair good-looking coasters with reasonble/high throughput.So it could be either B&M, Intamin, S&S/Arrow, Vekoma, or Mack?And so far we've ruled out Maurer-Sohne and Gerstlauer... this is progress people, PROGRESS!

Those supports do look very B&M, and it would all fit with the rumours which have been doing the rounds for months now. At least this puts to bed the 2-coaster deal rumour with Gerstlauer which went around for a while after Saw -_-I'm very excited! -_-

That rough layout for the supposed B&M 4D Coaster looks a bit boring. It has a normal 45o degree lift with an interesting drop - heartline roll into the drop. It says the structure is 63.8 but the ride is 50.0 metres which means the difference is under-ground.

So it could be either B&M, Intamin, S&S/Arrow, Vekoma, or Mack?

B&M - I think we've discussed the 4D idea to death now. -_- But don't rule out a flyer just yet.. Plenty of rumours have been round about a prototype at TP, not to mention B&M's 4D rumours. The favourite in my eyes. Intamin - Would be an interesting choice, though a 4D by them would be high unlikely. It would appear the ride is going to be invert somehow, and what other type of inverting coaster have Intamin got? Dark horse of the lot.S&S - Tried and tested 4D. Rather expensive; reliability an issue. No other type of ride that they've got that would fit the bill. Wild card; you just never know..Vekoma - Can't see them creating a 4D. The gimmicky kneeling coaster or the Flying Dutchman (I think that's what they are called?) flyer design could be on the cards. Rank outsider in my opinion. Mack - Again, can't see them creating a 4D. Could offer something interesting, especially if you look at how well they did with Blue Fire. However, another rank outsider in my eyes. Gerstlauer - As said by Hicksy, no chance.Maurer-Sohne - Hicksy has written them off, but I think there's an (unrealistically) slim chance.Others - Can't see Premier, Dynamic Structures, etc. being in any way involved with this project.So, place your bets people.. :(

I bet that it'll follow a train of being excessively over-hyped through a mixture of marketing and enthusiasts bigging it up to be the best thing in the world...Then we get a rough and unreliable ride that breaks down in it's first hour of operation...And it won't be what any enthusiast wanted...