MTDP

MikeC

• 2 months later...

I am supprised to see nothing in the MTDP about the space previously used for the safari ride in ranger county, I thought the space is just right for a 4th dimension coaster, because something like that is cheap (In ride terms) and gives the right effect towards the target audience of thorpe park. If you don't know what I mean, something like Inferno at Terra Mitica.The space is useless at the moment and thats the only sort of ride I think that could fit in there! I don't understand the logic in building new Islands elsewhere when they have good land 'still' to use. Obviously Major rides are different but for MTDP, it surly would make sense?

Yeah it is rather slow throughput, but when I was a Terra Mitica I kept thinking, Chessington and Alton have sonic and dragons why does not thorpe park have the top thrill comparison!? So it is about the same as Sonic spinball for throughput!

Parks shouldn't contend for the highest low throughput ride. Realistically Thorpe rides need to be at least 1000 people an hour minimum now.

• 3 weeks later...

I am supprised to see nothing in the MTDP about the space previously used for the safari ride in ranger county, I thought the space is just right for a 4th dimension coaster, because something like that is cheap (In ride terms) and gives the right effect towards the target audience of thorpe park. If you don't know what I mean, something like Inferno at Terra Mitica.The space is useless at the moment and thats the only sort of ride I think that could fit in there! I don't understand the logic in building new Islands elsewhere when they have good land 'still' to use. Obviously Major rides are different but for MTDP, it surly would make sense?

Wow, do I love inferno

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just quoting a rumour here, but supposedly there is a long term plan to move parking onto the opposite side of the road, opening up the current car park for expansion, and a citywalk style area

I like that idea, but I don't see it happening. The space on the other side of the road isn't as big as the car park now & it would be really close to housing.Unless it was like this -Posted ImageBut having the car park spread over each side of the road is slightly un-practical unless there were traffic directors at the round-about telling vistors which car park to go in. It would also cause a build up of traffic as well as meaning Thorpe Park having to relocate the ticket plaza etc. Also I don't think the extra park extension would even be big enough to consider spending so much money to move the car park.I think it's almost certainly a rumour though. Could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

If the park is planning to continue to build a new coaster every three years past 2018, I think the obvious locations would be:The Depth Charge siteBetween Rhumba Rapids and Treasure Island (would require a new island)X No Way Out/Arena siteNew island behind Swarm + 2015 coasterThis would give the park coaster locations up until 2030 - and by this time most of the current rides would have been already removed.

The current MTDP states there'll be no new infilling up until 2016(?), and I can't imagine much more going on after that. As for the development zone that hj16 was talking about between Vortex and Alive, I can't imagine much infilling going on there (well, new rides at least), because it is quite close to the main road, and I can imagine noise issues cropping up. I'm pretty sure there was some rumour about Saw being the closest Thorpe would go towards that main road because of noise and such, but that could be a load of twaddle really..I think we'll find that infilling will becoming less frequent and more difficult to achieve with Thorpe in the next decade or so. I don't the point of draining the lake (as mentioned above) is a feasible one, and the 'best' method would be to 'lose land' elsewhere (like what has happened with the area once known as Thorpe Farm), but they are surely reaching their limit there.http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2090607_thorpe_park_set_for_new_rollercoasterIgnoring all the directly related Swarm stuff in that article, even councillors are realising that Thorpe are soon going to reach their limit. To be honest, I don't think need much more land than they'll be planning to have once they've installed a 2015 and 2018 coaster (assuming that there'll be ones, and they'll occupy islands A and E, of course); it's just a case of Thorpe using their land efficiently..

Theres also a fair few areas of the park which could be removed now without many issues creating more space for devlopments such as X: / Arena / Neptunes Kingdom / Ranger County and could probably throw Storm Surge in there! Theres also land behind Rumba / Stealth and infront of the MAD House to be used, I think we will be ok for a good few years yet!