Phantasialand

Cringle

Klugheim is brilliant; by far the best themed area I've ever been in.  

Raik is alright, but Ben 10's layout is better in honesty.  Overall experience is great, and the station has a lovely dial that follows the ride.

Taron is truly brilliant.  Speed, ejector airtime, intensity, near misses and some curvy moments.  I disagree with Mark and Benin about the lack of definedness  and 'break' moments; there's a couple of times which let you regain composure throughout.  So no complaints from me there.  Stand out moments are the first air time hill, second launch and follow up, and a few real ejector turns.  Couple of 'negatives':  station is not very atmospheric, it can be a bit samey at times and an inversion or two wouldn't have gone a miss.  The trains are super comfortable, back is better than the front, throughput is fab and it does warm up as the day goes on.

Unsurprisingly, Phantasialand are onto a winner with this area.  Everyone was loving it and I genuinely would encourage everyone to do everything in their power to get over as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Klugheim is brilliant; by far the best themed area I've ever been in.  

Raik is alright, but Ben 10's layout is better in honesty.  Overall experience is great, and the station has a lovely dial that follows the ride.

Taron is truly brilliant.  Speed, ejector airtime, intensity, near misses and some curvy moments.  I disagree with Mark and Benin about the lack of definedness  and 'break' moments; there's a couple of times which let you regain composure throughout.  So no complaints from me there.  Stand out moments are the first air time hill, second launch and follow up, and a few real ejector turns.  Couple of 'negatives':  station is not very atmospheric, it can be a bit samey at times and an inversion or two wouldn't have gone a miss.  The trains are super comfortable, back is better than the front, throughput is fab and it does warm up as the day goes on.

Unsurprisingly, Phantasialand are onto a winner with this area.  Everyone was loving it and I genuinely would encourage everyone to do everything in their power to get over as soon as possible. 

Nice. I cant wait to ride Taron in September.

9 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Yup, yup yup It's one of the easiest European theme parks get to so there really is no excuse.

I'd say its a relentless rollercoaster and it's lack of 'break' moments isn't so much a negative, it just feels like a lot of the ride blurs into one because its just so pacy. In saying that, its definitely competing with the Mack types now and is so much better then a lot of Intamins that have gone before. It's comfortable, its relatively reliable, its got ejector air time and crazy turns by the bucket load. Phantasialand and Intamin make some stunning rides frankly. I hate log flumes normally, Chiapas bucks that trend and now with Taron, they really have an excellent duo of top tier rollercoasters (I have a massive soft spot for Black Mamba :wub:).

Prior to Klugheim, I wasn't desperate to go to Phantasialand. Whilst there has always been rides that I've really wanted to ride at Phantasialand, being coaster obsessed, I've always had a greater interest in theme parks with lots of thrills.

However, now Klugheim is open, Phantasialand has everything I want from a theme park.  2 really thrilling coasters, 2 slightly tamer coasters, 2 heavily themed water rides and theming galore.

I need to get myself to Germany.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3 July 2016 at 10:58 AM, Loose Steel Bluth said:

The true thrill ride of Phantasialand

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

What about Rumba Rapids though?

Seriously though, UK rapids have lowered my expectations so much that when I went in 2015, my mouth was on the floor for the entire ride. I was asking myself, "this is...this is rapids right?" The lift, the slide, the whirlpool... My friend said "they have every detail down here. It's so different to the UK." When a rapids ride can do that to you (in general I hate rapids), then the park must be doing something right, and they are doing EVERYTHING right. Phantasialand is Marvel right now and UK parks are DC. Sorry, it's true. I think it might be my favourite park. It's just flawless. I want a flat in the middle of the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Phantasialand last weekend with a couple of other TPM members and was very impressed by the place.

Taron is an absolutely amazing coaster and a firm favourite, but not a Helix beater.

Chiapas was fab, River Quest was mad, Maus Au Chocolate, Winjas and Colorado were also good and Mamba was better than expected.

Nighthawk was long and dull, Hollywood looks like it's seen better days and Wakobato was just awful.

My full trip report can be seen Here

Next big thing at the park should definitely be another modern dark ride considering 2/3 of the existing ones are on the chopping block and 1/2 others have been removed in the last couple of years.

• 2 months later...

Groundwork has officially started for a major expansion at the park, which will occupy space formerly occupied by the Race For Atlantis attraction.

021216lovebet7.jpg

021216lovebet9.jpg

021216lovebet6.jpg

Whatever ends up there appears to be massive. A dark ride would be nice, but I'm sure the new area will retain the stunning quality the park has produced recently. 2018 is also the intended opening.

Source-Loopings

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...