Phantasialand

Cringle

River quest was having a lot of problems at the end of last season, and I dont remembering reopening from about mid october. It's quite possible they took the opportunity to just close it and do even more work to it, finding an excuse to do some more face lifting here and there?

Even if this isnt the case, things like this show why this is such a well held park. 

11 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

Some sad news today at Phantasialand via-Love oopings as a 58 year old employee has been killed whilst trying to service the Winjas Coaster.

Thoughts are with his family.

Sad news indeed, thoughts also with the family,

I wonder if this involved the actual ride lift mechanics or a stand alone inspection platform/hoist

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like this photo needs sharing, to emphasis the lengths Phantasialand go to...

17629646_1405971912775302_77838633487259

Also, on top of the River Quest overhaul and new pieces of theming around Chiapas and the Mexico area, they've done some tarting up around Africa, given Black Mamba some new seats and made Chiapas' switches "more comfortable", by using hydraulic cylinders instead of pneumatic ones (see here all you budding engineers - https://phantasialandblog.de/mission-off-season-chiapas-die-drehweiche/).  Sad times as those switches were incredibly ridiculous </3

This sounds at exciting.

A Steam Punk theme would work very nicely at the park, especially between Fantasy and Berlin.

Will be interesting to see what this attraction/area actually houses, a dark ride, another Coaster and/or even a theatre as Fantasmica will need a new home eventually when Nighthawk and Hollywood are torn down.

Looopings are reporting that Rookburgh could be a...Vekoma flying coaster?

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7351/Nieuwe-attractie-Phantasialand-wordt-spectaculaire-flying-coaster.html

Would be a disappointing ride choice in my opinion, especially over a dark ride which would likely be epic.  But given how tight-lipped and secure Phantasia are over their future, I'd be surprised if correct rumours leaked out this early on..

If it is true though, I expect we'll see Phantasialand management swing their full force of hatred towards fansites forever more.

It's rumour so out there it's likely true...

Wonder what changes Vekoma would have in store for a new gen Flyer, the one I rode was ok until the vertical loop made me really ill (but I had similar on Tatsu, so it wasn't solely responsible)...

Given how awesome new Vekoma is going so far, a Flyer would be an interesting direction... Would suit the steampunk theme too...

Besides, their new ridiculous dark ride can replace Nighthawk and Hollywood Tour... Getting a new coaster first makes sense if getting rid of one...

TBH there's been a rumour before of a flyer being located in/around Berlin Street, so if everything can be added together I would say one being built is highly likely. 

Slightly surprised we may be seeing a Vekoma flyer (as opposed to B&M), but given how much they appear to have improved in recent years (even those new restraint styles) this should hopefully be an exciting one. 

Will be interesting to see what further attractions develop in/around the area and if/where Fantassima will relocate given Nighthhawk & Hollywood are probably on borrowed time.

• 2 months later...

Having trouble linking video so will link article with video in it:  http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7924/Phantasialand-kondigt-langste-flying-coaster-ter-wereld-aan.html

Coming to Phantasialand for presumably 2018, F.L.Y. - the world's longest flying coaster and first flying coaster to feature a launch, because why not?

Steampunk theme still looks likely too.

Well it looks like it won't be too long until I return to Phantasialand then.

certainly an interesting yet impressive move from the patk, opting for another coaster and choosing a flyer with a launch. I guess the two selling points compensate things when Nighthawk gets spotted, given it's one of the longest indoor coasters in the world.

I'm wondering what else will feature in the Rookburgh area, given it's massive footprint and the original 'different experience by day and night' tagline has little correlation to a flying coaster at the moment. 

9 hours ago, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

Then I find out it's one year too early, unfair :angry:

I'm very good at missing out on new attractions

How will you cope with only the likes of Taron, Black Mamba, Chiapas, Maus au Chocolat, Winjas, River Quest... to keep you entertained? ;)

• 1 month later...

Wow they don't mess about do they. Interesting that this flyer is using their newer suspended coaster track. I'm wondering if the trains will be two across seating rather than the four across of some of the older flyers as the track doesn't look any wider than the suspended coaster style. Still at least that's the smoother Vekoma Track.