Phantasialand

Cringle

Not much to see yet, but somewhat exciting. Also loving Vekoma's new track style too. Will be interesting if this ride actually features dark ride sections.

Rumours also suggest Nighthawk and Hollywood will be the next attractions to face the bulldozer, which perhaps means Fantasmica will be relocated to Rookburgh. 

13 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Wow they don't mess about do they. Interesting that this flyer is using their newer suspended coaster track. I'm wondering if the trains will be two across seating rather than the four across of some of the older flyers as the track doesn't look any wider than the suspended coaster style. Still at least that's the smoother Vekoma Track.

This is a brand new type of Flyer (unconfirmed) from Vekoma, they've had test track set up in Vlodrop for a while, I THINK they were 4 across seating...

The main question lies with how the loading process will occur... I always forget this is opening next year too...

It wasn't going to take long before Phantasialand and enthusiasts had a conflict over Rookburgh...  

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/8265/Phantasialand-vraagt-fansites-om-bouwfotos-nieuwe-achtbaan-te-verwijderen.html

Seems like you can get a decent view of the site from outside the park, so fan sites have been taking photos.  Naturally, Phanny aren't happy and asking for the photos to be removed (one such photo is in the article).  Good to see some things never change...

• 3 weeks later...

Who want's an aerial photo of Phantasialand?  Everyone of course...

21151687_10209804590381219_2583191841939

Posted by Phantasialand's Executive Assistant Chris (who appeared in loads of Klugheim videos, winter update videos, always looks extremely happy and generally seems like an awesome guy), with the caption 'The sky is the limit'.

Rumours have been 'fly'ing around that the park are going to be construction updates akin to what they did with Klugheim, and that they could be due to start soon.  So we *might* be seeing a nice, official, you-can't-get-banned-from-the-park-for-life-by-looking-at-it, update on F.L.Y. soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Phantasialand have done an awesome blog post detailing how Mystery Castle essentially works and clarifies the settings it has...

https://phantasialandblog.de/funktion-mystery-castle/

So basically, it had 3 settings:

1)  Short 

2)  Longer

3)  A little bit longer 

They use setting 2 up until 2pm, then use setting 3.  Depending on the exact weight of a row can change how forceful the ride feels (understandable really).

Great to see awesome posts like this!  And it's nice to have some clarity over the ride.  Just a shame that I find both settings very meh.

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprised in all fairness, as theres still a sufficient amount of work to complete, and I would rather they take their time to complete a stunning investment as opposed to fudging it for opening.

I wonder if this will mean Rookburgh receives an early 2019 opening as opposed to Summer, and whether any attractions are getting torndown at all now? Given they usually do this just before new attractions open and that Temple and Hollywood are rumoured to be next.