Phantasialand

Cringle

Image from Phantafriends.de showing Rookburgh / FLY on their queue boards.  Not sure whether it's worth reading into the fact that there's no other attractions listed in the area at this stage yet...

As for the coaster, station track was installed a week or two back (no photos though), but no other notable work has happened yet...

FB_IMG_1510093404465.jpg

8 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Image from Phantafriends.de showing Rookburgh / FLY on their queue boards.  Not sure whether it's worth reading into the fact that there's no other attractions listed in the area at this stage yet...

As for the coaster, station track was installed a week or two back (no photos though), but no other notable work has happened yet...

FB_IMG_1510093404465.jpg

820,000minutes=569 days. Therefore we are looking at approximately 30th May 2019 opening...

Having said that, Phantasialand don't tend to give out opening dates of their attractions, especially not this far in advance, therefore we are potentially looking at a Photoshopped fake image created by someone/or alternatively the park trying to trick people.

Yes, Phantasialand don't like giving out specific opening dates for their attractions until close to opening. Not necessarily a bad thing. I remember with Klugheim whenever people answered about opening the park kept replying "there is no opening date" and then announced the opening a few weeks before.

Given the amount of work remaining, it will likely receive an early 2019 opening and will surely feature another one or two supporting attractions too.

Could this also mean Nighthawk and Hollywood have another year remaining? Given they usually close old attractions just before opening new ones and rumours suggest they are the next to go.

The park are probably off put by the fact they once advertised a certain famous log flume to open in 2013, but because Intamin, it didn't actually open until 2014.  

Caused a fair bit of backlash, so they now go to the other extreme of not announcing anything until like 3 weeks before it opens...

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of aerial images from Instagram account kazuch1983...

The 4th image gives a good overview of the Rookburgh site, showing how big it is and how little construction has taken place.  Launch track is onsite though, currently under the green tarp (not yet installed though).

The latest rumour is that a majority of the track has been fabricated and is waiting at Vekoma to be sent over.  Phanatasialand had several issues with groundworks on the site which has caused delays, hence why little construction has happened now and things slowed down.  Apparently an announcement is due from the park in February, which will probably confirm a 2019 opening date..

Hey guess what, Phantasialand are awesome and spent probably a large amount of money and tarted up a part of the park that didn't necessarily need it...

Before:

img_0001_29_188.jpg

After:

Phantasialand_Wintertraum_2017-2018_15aa

(Images posted on CF by CSLKennyNI)

Looks nice, though I kind of preferred the brown colour.  I'm sure it still looks great in real life though.  Nonetheless, it's still impressive that they managed to do this in the space of about 5 weeks...

This was naturally done by everyone's favourite rock work company, Universal Rocks, who are now reportedly working on the Rookburgh site...

• 2 months later...

Most ridiculous/hilarious/wtf moment of the year...

The China car park is not owned by the park, but instead a local who lets the park use it (for a handsome profit, naturally).  Phantasialand have tried to buy it, but with little success.  Now, though, the car park owner has banned any pedestrians not parking in that car park from walking through there.

Doesn't sound like a big issue, right?  Wrong.  Anyone parking in the park's reasonably new bus and coach park next to the car park has to walk around the park to the Berlin entrance.  It also means that any non-hotel guests who visit the hotel after park close (for a meal, say) have to walk around the outskirts of the park if they're not parked in China.  

Oh, and because the owner is that way inclined, he's building a private railway in the car park...

schiene.jpg.a20f593f52099ec4dbd522bf6498

Image from TOTNHFan on PhantaFriends forum.

Words cannot describe my thoughts.

Ahhhh that makes a bit more sense now...

When I last visited we parked in the overflow car park, with by far the closest entrance being China but we were made to mince round the outskirts of the park to get to the main entrance. The first complaint of many on this day...

I'm not suprised in the slightest that a local is being an asshole, that park is full of them from the staff to the local clients, a stain on Germany.

Wait hold on, I've got to please the hordes of Phantasia fanboys here....

I suppose it's safe to say no matter how bad the parking gets it will never hold a candle to the Chessington swamp (Explorer car park).

So Phantasialand used to have the worst phone signal in existence (and their free-to-use WiFi was poorly advertised and unreliable).  But now, they've added in new transmission towers to help improve phone signals for everyone.  And, to make sure it doesn't spoil the theming, they've all been disguised so no one can see them.

Schauspielhaus-2742.jpg

https://phantasialandblog.de/fuer-vollen-empfang-der-unsichtbare-sendemast/

Now Mega-Lite can give us live updates of how much he loves the park during his next visit...joyous... ;)

36 minutes ago, Benin said:

I literally don't recall any issues with phone signal on the park, guess everyone else just has crap providers...

Must admit that my visit over Winteraum was awful.  Literally couldn't load anything on my phone.  And that was the same for the surrounding area too.  

My previous visits had been better, it was rather slow, but I could at least load stuff.  So I don't know if over the past few months they've removed old stuff to make way for this, or if it just came down to luck..

• 2 weeks later...

As expected, Phantasialand have got Universal Rocks to redo the Deep in Africa area, to include rockwork of similar quality to Klugheim:

https://phantasialandblog.de/wenn-felsen-eine-seele-bekommen/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post

This closed season has also seen continued renovation of the Chinese hotel and the partial removal of the bakery on Berlin street, which will eventually be used as an entrance into Rookburgh next year.  

Love a park that go all out on doing up areas and making them look almost new again

Mamba didn’t necessarily need work doing, but looks amazing though as s result of it.

The Berlin building demolition seems a generally  unexpected one, but shows the park has some interesting developments up it’s sleeve.

Apparently, Ling Bao has also seen some changes, especially to the main  restaurant which has been given a noticeably more modern Asian look. Rumours suggest that China could be the next area to be redeveloped and Geister Riksha replaced with an updated dark ride.