Phantasialand

Cringle

Mini Rookburgh update...

An entrance archway had been formed on Berlin street, taking out a small part of the bakery that was there.  This will probably be the more grander entrance to the area, with access likely also possible from around the Fantasy area where the advertising signage is.

As for construction, it is thought that all digging is done at long last, and some more footers have been placed.  So hopefully we'll see more track go up soon.

This definitely looks better than expected because it offers a unique and interesting access way to access the upcoming Rookburgh area, whilst in keeping with the stunning Berlin Street. 

Can’t wait to watch Rookburgh progress and develop, and who knows what else may enter the new area in the form of attractions, shops, restaurants or even more. 

Mamba’s new rockwork is without doubt stunning.

• 4 weeks later...

- Taron is quite possibly the best coaster I have ever ridden. It has everything. 

- Black Mamba > Nemesis

- Chiapas is exceptional but I prefer Ripsaw Falls overall.

- River Quest is wild. Like wtf was that. 

- Temple of the Nighthawk needs to be binned. 

- Maus au Chocolate is great.

- Europa > Phantasia

[/fin] 

2 hours ago, alexander said:

- Black Mamba > Nemesis

- Chiapas is exceptional but I prefer Ripsaw Falls overall.

And there was me thinking I was the only person on the planet who thought both of these!!

I do love Chiapas to bits but Ripsaw falls final drop truely is a thing of beauty....and you actually get wet on the ride!!!

Taron is just simply bliss. It’s just as amazing to look at as it is to ride and one of my favourite coasters.

I prefer Nemy but still like Mamba, which is well themed (even more-so) after the rockwork update. Chiapas is my favourite flume ride, the disco room is fab! Haven’t had the pleasure of Ripsaw Falls so unfortunately can’t compare that one.

Phantasialand seems to be one of the best parks to combine both amazing theming and ride layouts.

Apparently the China area (especially the hotel) has seen some updates recently, which imply this could be the next area to be redeveloped.

On 18/04/2018 at 5:12 PM, alexander said:

Taron is quite possibly the best coaster I have ever ridden. It has everything.

Except intense ejector air time and phenomenal inversions but otherwise, it's alright. #TeamHelix

Black Mamba > Nemesis

Mamba's very good but Nemesis is in a different league.

River Quest is wild. Like wtf was that. 

Agreed.

Europa > Phantasia

I love you.

45 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Except intense ejector air time and phenomenal inversions but otherwise, it's alright. #TeamHelix

Mamba's very good but Nemesis is in a different league.

Agreed.

I love you.

I haven’t done Helix! But I’ve heard amazing things. Taron doesn’t need inversions and I beg to differ about the ejector airtime tbh 

I love you too

• 4 weeks later...

It was a wonderful piece of marketing from Phantasialand. 

On 5/21/2018 at 11:27 AM, ChessingtonSam said:

also, is that background music from Thorpe? Sounds like it to me. Would make sense with the IMAScore link.

Fairly certain it isn't Thorpe and more just generic upbeat music. Might be IMAscore stock music or something I s'pose. Phantasialand certainly wouldn't be able to get away with using Thorpe music on one of their marketing videos!

• 3 weeks later...

What I love about Phantasialand is, you know what they are adding, but you also don’t know what they are adding. That probably makes no sense.

Those Tower structures look strongly intruiging. Could they be large theming packages or something else? A hotel, theatre, enclosed attraction? We may not know for some time. 

Every project seems more fascinating than the last here.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

I wonder what what the purpose of those gaps in the concrete structures are? Intruiging.

Holes on left hand side of photo are going to be maintenance bays.

Holes in right hand side of photo are housing launch track and brake run respectively.

Queues at Phantasialand seem to fluctuate quite weirdly, best checking German school times to see if you desperately need it but I'm doubtful...

Just hit up Winjas first and that's the worst queues out the way, all the others are beautiful enough to warrant waiting in (Colorado Adventure aside), though of course this wildly depends on which entrance you go into...

It's not the simplest park to plan a day in... 

On 7/5/2018 at 12:16 PM, coasterdude73 said:

Is it worth getting quick pass for a trip in early September? Anyone got a rough idea of queue times for this time of year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went at the beginning of Sept last year (5th & 6th) and the longest queue was for Taron which was around the 60-90 min mark but we were staying in Matamba so had ERT at the end of both days.

Everything else was max 20 mins (if that) - we did use one of our fast passes from the hotel for Winjas only because we needed to use the passes