Phantasialand

Cringle

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine / hope they'll do that, or have a holding area within Rookburgh itself accessible from all entrances to the area..

One thing I forgot to mention though - Berlin Street now plays pop music in the afternoons and evenings. General cheesey pop music from recent stuff (Despacito) to more 'classic' stuff (Mambo No. 5 springs to mind). And, surprisingly, it works really well. It made the atmosphere so much more enjoyable, helped by loads of entertainers / performers dancing, playing jokes on guests and just generally be a good laugh to watch. 

We probably spent close to 10 minutes just standing round there, soaking up the atmosphere and just laughing at all the performers antics.

And that's how you run a theme park folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With Fly/ Rookburgh likely to open next year, comes the big question. Which attraction/s will be the next to be removed/demolished? 

Previous rumours and speculation has cited that either Geister Riksha (Chinese Dark ride) or TOTNH and Hollywood are on the chopping block. 

Some have speculated/heard it is the former that is being spited, however an interesting development has occurred with the park’s Fantassima dinner show, which shares the same building as the latter.

From Phanta Friends. 

1965474295_IMG_20180927_1954342.jpg.05db

IMG_20180927_195552.jpg.60b5516bad00aa9e

The park have built a brand new entrance for Fantassima, which is now accessed from the street. Looks quite pretty from the front.

20180927_103732.jpg.cc772f64abe4b7113c12

Not sure on the park side entrance.

An interesting decision from the park, but what does it mean?

1/ Temple and Hollywood will be the next to go and an alternative entrance for the show is necessary. It is possible that the building won’t be completely demolished and instead keep part of/ all of the building.

This could well be due to being one of the nearest areas to the park nimbys.

2/ The Park just wanted to make a nicer/more secluded entrance to their premium dinner show. The newer entrance makes it more exclusive and removes the needs of entering by the park. 

Whichever attraction/s are for the chop next, I expect we will know by December/January time. No park announcements, just the sudden arrival of construction/demolition vehicles. 

I am no construction expert, but, I have always wondered if it is possible with modern machinery if a large building can only be partly demolished, with an even bigger building attached to the remainder of the old building. What if The Hollywood Tour isn’t being demolished but is instead getting rethemed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not strictly Phantasialand-related, but it'll do...

5SarQpT.png

Vekoma have updated their website to show promotional art of their new-gen flyer. More details will follow during this week's IAAPA.

Personally feel like those trains are a bit, well, ugly. Hope there's easy customisable theming options..

1 minute ago, Mattgwise said:

I think they look fine, am just concerned at the limited capacity with them being 2 across seating.

Though it hasn't been officially confirmed anywhere, it is strongly rumoured that the Fly trains will have 10 rows, and there will be 4 trains. That would put it at a higher capacity than Taron.

How that would translate to throughput is of course a different matter, but I don't think it will be as much as a worry as it first seems!

The new Vekoma flying coaster concept honestly looks fantastic. The trains don’t look too terrible honesty and if Fly is 4 trains of 20 riders, we could see a theoretical throughout of at least 1200.

Hopefully more parks will buy some of these new Vekoma models too. Somewhere like Drayton and Flamingo Land would greatly benefit IMHO.

Phantasialand’s winter season starts from the 23rd November this year.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit behind on the latest regarding F.L.Y. and don't know a whole lot about the project, but from those images above, is there going to be an enclosed portion for the track behind that gigantic walled facade, or is the entire thing going to be indoors?

Admittedly, we are far from the completed product, but the sheer size and height of that wall really sticks out both from the front and back and has me questioning how this will look once completed. Hopefully the teams involved are able to blend it into the rest of the surrounding area, to which I have faith in them doing so.