Phantasialand

Cringle

Tbf their relationship with goons is significantly better now. Just look at Coaster's TR from PBE's trip there and all the perks they got..

Plus they gave Tobi (the guy who did the Klugheim CGI models) front row on the first ride of Taron on preview night. Admittedly they've effectively bought him off to not publish his Rookburgh one but oh well.

But yeah, the relationship between Phantasialand and their locals makes Towers and Ropers look like a newly wed couple on their honeymoon...

It’s almost crazy just how bad the relationship with the park and locals actually is in reality.

They tried a number of years ago for a major hotel expansion with water park and large theatre/venue, however that was declined is unlikely to be approved again unfortunately. 

Even Wakobato is complained about for being too noisy and closed on Sundays as a result. 

Speaking on Fly’s progress, it is very difficult to say when they will actually complete this. I expect if everything goes to plan they will aim for a Summer opening. The sheer scale and size of this project is astounding!

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Benin said:

Hotel was rumoured for a while, interesting to see them confirm it...

Steampunk hotel sounds amazing, wonder if it'll be on level of Matamba or cheaper?

I think we're looking at something more akin to Shark Hotel / Stargazing Pods, but better quality.

Picture at the bottom gives some idea about the size of rooms, and calls them 'Aeronaut Tube Rooms'. Certainly possible that it'll be a sort of modular style hotel which is easy to build, very compact, etc

In that case, it would make sense for it to be a cheaper alternative. 

I have definitely been hearing rumours of a ‘third’ hotel being built (either in the Rookburgh or Klugheim areas), so this is surprising but no unexpected.

The idea of a Steam Punk Hotel is just fantastic and will fit with the park and area perfectly. I also wonder where they are going? What if the ‘Wuze Wall’ at the back will not only act as a sound barrier, but the hotel area too? Could Fantissima still see a new home here?

It’s difficult to say what’s happening and going to happen, but current rumours suggest the following:

• New Park entrance planned in the future
  • Fantassima to be relocated to the hotels or new ‘purpose built’ theatre
  • Silverado Theatre to be demolished and rebuilt 
  • China Area to be rethemed into an Asia area
  • Geister Riksha is the next attraction to be removed, the park has hinted in the past of a new dark ride coming

Loopings also have an article about this development, however some of the wording implies, the project could not be open now until 2020. Can’t rush perfect if that is so.

Matamba ain't even that much a night (even in height of August) so one would assume you'd be looking at approx £100-150 a night for this...

Thorpe seem to be offering a deal but holy crap for the same dates it's £500+ to stay at Shark Hotel?! Literally the same for the staying at Matamba (both with park tickets, but jeez)...

5 hours ago, Glitch said:

Yet people won't moan about these, even if they cost £250+ a night..

Thing is:

1) They won't cost £250 a night

2) They'll be themed, because it's Phantasialand

3) All things point to this hotel being within the park area (somehow), making it very different

4) If they did cost £250 a night, I'd moan and wouldn't stay there

57 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Could it be that the rumoured demolition project is to make way for this and not a new ride?

I would say that is extremely unlikely.

The ‘upcoming’ Hotel Charles Lindbergh is planned to be located in the brand new Rookburgh area, which is replacing the already demolished Atlantis simulator rides along with F.L.Y. 

The ‘potentially rumoured’ demolition project is expected to be for either The Temple and Hollywood complex or the Geister Riksha dark ride, the latter seems more likely due to the Fantassima situation and long rumours of the China area being upgraded. Most of the left side of the park just needs complete redevelopment.

One must question though, that if the new area does not open until 2020, does that mean the ‘demolition’ project will be pushed back too, as a result?

30 minutes ago, Cedar Creek said:

One must question though, that if the new area does not open until 2020, does that mean the ‘demolition’ project will be pushed back too, as a result?

Now that is an interesting question.

I would say no. Simple reason being that Phantasialand will have their time scale pretty set. I am under the impression that Rookburgh did experience some delays last year with groundwork, but the park obviously have a target they're working towards. 

When rumours float around, especially as long as these have, there's usually something behind it. No smoke without fire if you will. So I fully expect something to be closed down.

If I recall, Chiapas' delay didn't stop them from starting off Klugheim (by time Chiapas opened, Silber Mine was a hole in the ground) so I reckon the same thing would happen...

Especially given the complexities of either demolition project... Geister is right underneath half the China area!

The current rumour I've heard circling round is that if Geister is the one to go, they'll be basically closing off the whole of China so they can actually do something with it. 

That in itself will be difficult to deal with though, given the China entrance, hotel entrance, routes round the park, etc. It's the crazy sort of thing Phantasialand would do though...

2 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

The current rumour I've heard circling round is that if Geister is the one to go, they'll be basically closing off the whole of China so they can actually do something with it. 

That in itself will be difficult to deal with though, given the China entrance, hotel entrance, routes round the park, etc. It's the crazy sort of thing Phantasialand would do though...

From what I am aware, the park built an access walkway to the China area when Klugheim opened. Whilst it is currently only used to be staff/personnel, it is strongly believed access to the China area will be re-routed from there, should the area be the next under to be under the hammer.

The Ling Bao entrance might still be usable if the Taron access area is still viable. If not, they may be able to use the Matamba entrance instead. It seems highly unlikely they would close Ling Bao during the construction, at least completely. 

Another factor the park would need to reconsider is the re-routing of the Colorado entrance, as the main area is within the 'potential' China demolition zone. 

If China is the next area for redevelopment, it is expected that Geister, the food stands and square above will be demolished, along with the last remaining part of the Silver Mine building (which is believed to be used for storage). Ling Bao, Jenja Palace and the Mandschu Restaurant (possibly) are the only buildings expected to survive.

We won’t find out which area (if any) is next until the Park reopens, when the ‘chosen’ area is probably already a pile of debris.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A very minor update...

Tobi (the guy who made the amazing Klugheim recreation) is still doing a recreation for Rookburgh, but is still also cooperating with the park to not show too much. He says about 1000m track has been installed, meaning it is close to surpassing the 1124m mark of Flying Dinosaur for longest flying coaster. There's still a fairly decent sized space for track too.

This is also the staff car park, showing a lot of track and supports, from CoasterFriends.de...

9557217d1552818544-201x-neuheit-fly-laun

I believe the plan is to have all track installed before the park opens for its 2019 season (in April). I'd still say it's very unlikely for Rookburgh/Fly to open this year, given there's still a ton of work to do, but it'll be nice to see a lot more track in the area at least...

Very exciting updates here, especially considering this attraction and area could even surpass Taron for size.

The thing I’m intrigued to see is whether Geister or the Temple complex have survived demolition. Perhaps both given Rookburgh’s likely delays. 

Guess we will have to wait wait and see until the 1st April arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

In a left field turn, Phantasialand have announced they're changing Temple of the Nighthawk to a VR coaster over summer...

Look forward to a fast-paced virtual adventure that you will experience with the latest generation of VR technology.

Dive in and be in the midst of the fun of our three cool heroes on their crazy mission.

Meh, you can’t polish a turd!

Maybe it’s a short-term fix due to Rookburgh’s delays, especially knowing that one of their weakest attractions is on the chopping block!

I still find it contradictory given that Phantasialand had previously mentioned they didn’t intend to use any VR on their attractions.